Discussion OpenHardwareMonitor has gotta be the best Performance monitor to have up while playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinxTheWorld

Commendable
Jan 10, 2021
While playing a game this software is awesome. I have it open on my second monitor and has been working flawlessly.

Screenshot of how i have mine at the moment.

FlB03Bl.png

I've tried a few others but so far this is best one. Super lightweight, i have it run on startup, it's free, and you can customize it to show what you want. Only thing it's lacking is more detailed info for RAM and SSD/NVME drives. You can even control case fans with it lol.

Link to site: https://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/

While playing a game this software is awesome. I have it open on my second monitor and has been working flawlessly.

Screenshot of how i have mine at the moment.

FlB03Bl.png

I've tried a few others but so far this is best one. Super lightweight, i have it run on startup, it's free, and you can customize it to show what you want. Only thing it's lacking is more detailed info for RAM and SSD/NVME drives. You can even control case fans with it lol.

Link to site: https://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/

Interestingly enough, I've just been researching this the last few days. Have always used MSI OSD, but find sometimes it just won't show what I want (even though the option is there). Have been playing with FPS Monitor lately, and it's okay too.

Will give this a try. Looks nice. Cheers

edit: ah, no ingame osd? Still useful though.

JinxTheWorld

Commendable
Jan 10, 2021
Interestingly enough, I've just been researching this the last few days. Have always used MSI OSD, but find sometimes it just won't show what I want (even though the option is there). Have been playing with FPS Monitor lately, and it's okay too.

Will give this a try. Looks nice. Cheers

edit: ah, no ingame osd? Still useful though.

The no OSD is indeed a downer, but it does serve a good purpose if you can have it on a second monitor while you game on your main screen. You can right click the gadget and enable [always on top] and change the opacity. Not the same as an osd, but at least you can do it XD. What i like the most is you can easily customize it to just show what things you need like temps and usage while playing games. I added extra stuff on the gadget because i thought "why not". Overall it's simplicity is what i like most about it.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Status
Not open for further replies.