opening multi-session cds

I'm trying to share a file with a friend who has Win XP (I have Win98)
I can't get XP to allow me to open a earlier volume on the CD. Win 98 is an
easy right click to properties to volume to the file name type solution.
Anyone have the key to unlocking this problem? The CD works great on Win 98,
it was burned using the fall 2004 Nero Express. They say Win XP is the way
to go, but if it won't read all my files saved on CDs, it won't be worth
upgrading to. Thanks for any help!

CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be missing after you install Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;320553

Q321641 - How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321641

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"CentralChurch" <CentralChurch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to share a file with a friend who has Win XP (I have Win98)
> I can't get XP to allow me to open a earlier volume on the CD. Win 98 is an
> easy right click to properties to volume to the file name type solution.
> Anyone have the key to unlocking this problem? The CD works great on Win 98,
> it was burned using the fall 2004 Nero Express. They say Win XP is the way
> to go, but if it won't read all my files saved on CDs, it won't be worth
> upgrading to. Thanks for any help!

TRENDING THREADS