Opening search window

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.file_system,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

I was wondering if it is possible to open a search window using a command
line?

E.g.) To open an explorer window in a specific folder (C:\Testing\) and
select an item in that folder (C:\Testing\Selected.txt) you would use the
following:

explorer /e,/root,C:\Testing\,/select,C:\Testing\Selected.txt

What I actually want to do is open an explorer window displaying the search
results for items in a specified folder and any subfolders.

Andy Nugent.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.file_system,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?)

Hello Andy!
I don't know the command line parameters for explorer or iexplore, but I do
know how to do exactly what You want!
I created a jScript for You. It uses iexplore.exe instead of explorer.exe
for compatibility reasons: iexplore.exe can be started from cmd.exe which
has been started as a different user with the runas command.

Please download
gf.js
and save it in
c:\windows\

Then run
gf -? -- to see options and examples
gf [path] [filename] [text] -- usage
from the Command Prompt.

Cheers!

George Valkov

"Andy Nugent" <andynugent@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if it is possible to open a search window using a command
> line?
>
> E.g.) To open an explorer window in a specific folder (C:\Testing\) and
> select an item in that folder (C:\Testing\Selected.txt) you would use the
> following:
>
> explorer /e,/root,C:\Testing\,/select,C:\Testing\Selected.txt
>
> What I actually want to do is open an explorer window displaying the
search
> results for items in a specified folder and any subfolders.
>
> Andy Nugent.

begin 666 gf.js
M+R\@1V]G;R=S(")F=6YN>2!C;VUP86YY(@T*+R\@:'1T<#HO+W1H92UB;W-S
M+F%T;&%N=&ES+F)G#0HO+R!4:&5?0F]S<U]'1D- ;7-N+F-O;0T*#0IV87(@
M5W-H4VAE;&P@/2!74V-R:7!T+D-R96%T94]B:F5C="@B5U-C<FEP="Y3:&5L
M;"(I.PT*=F%R(&]B:D%R9W,@/2!74V-R:7!T+D%R9W5M96YT<SL-"@T*=')Y
M.R!]#0IT<GE[(&9I;&5N86UE(#T@;V)J07)G<R@Q*3L@?2!C871C:"AE*2![
M(&9I;&5N86UE(#T@(B([('T-"G1R>7L@=&5X=" ](&]B:D%R9W,H,BD[('T@
M8V%T8V@H92D@>R!T97AT(#T@(B([('T-"@T*:68H('!A=&@@/3T@(B\_(B!\
M?"!P871H(#T]("(M/R(@?'P@<&%T:" ]/2 B/R(I>PT*"5=38W)I<'0N16-H
M;R@@(F=396%R8V@@+2!';V=O)W,@7")F=6YN>2!C;VUP86YY7")<;E5S86=E
M.EQN7'1G9B!;<&%T:%T@6V9I;&5N86UE72!;=&5X="!I;B!F:6QE75QN7&Y%
M>&%M<&QE<SI<;EQT9V8@7")#.EQ<4')O9W)A;2!&:6QE<UPB(&EE>'!L;W)E
M7&Y<=&=F("53>7-T96U2;V]T)2!N;W1E<&%D7&Y<=&=F("X@9FEL96YA;64B
M("D[#0H)5U-C<FEP="Y1=6ET*# I.PT*?0T*#0I7<VA3:&5L;"Y2=6XH(")I
M97AP;&]R92YE>&4@+64@(B K("AP871H*2 I.PT*5U-C<FEP="Y3;&5E<"@@
M,3 P," I.PT*5W-H4VAE;&PN07!P06-T:79A=&4H('!A=&@@*3L-"E=38W)I
M<'0N4VQE97 H(#$P," I.PT*5W-H4VAE;&PN4V5N9$ME>7,H(")>9B(@*3L-
M"E=38W)I<'0N4VQE97 H(#$P," I.PT*5W-H4VAE;&PN4V5N9$ME>7,H("AF
M:6QE;F%M92D@*R B>U1!0GTB("D[#0I74V-R:7!T+E-L965P*" Q,# @*3L-
M"E=S:%-H96QL+E-E;F1+97ES*" H=&5X="D@*R B*WM404)](B I.PT*5U-C
M<FEP="Y3;&5E<"@@,3 P("D[#0I7<VA3:&5L;"Y396YD2V5Y<R@@(GXB("D[
$#0H-"@``