[SOLVED] Opinion on these specs?

Mar 26, 2019
ASRock H110M-DVS R 3.0
Intel® Core™ i3-7100 Processor @ 3.90 GHz
8GB DDR4 (2133MHz)
MSI Radeon™ R9 280x Gaming / 3GB GDDR5 / OC / (R9 280X GAMING 3G)
Western Digital Blue 3,5 " 500GB HDD 7200RPM
POWER SUPPLY I-BOX CUBE II ATX 600W APFC 12 CM FAN BLACK EDITION

I'm looking to run GMOD flawlessly and use it for work, 3D design. I've always had trouble with computers and never get along with them. I figured if I get a gaming-level PC and keep it relatively empty and simple, with only a few different uses, it will last me a long time without causing problems and do the things I need flawlessly. I don't even use internet on PC. Many thanks for any thorough explanations regarding the capabilities of this setup.

Last edited:
Solution
Do you have a budget? These are older parts and you might find better performing parts for the same price in the current generation. If you want to stick with these parts, you should definitely swap out the PSU, that's a fire hazard right there. Get a Corsair CX450, it's not too expensive in most places and is much more trustworthy.
Do you have a budget? These are older parts and you might find better performing parts for the same price in the current generation. If you want to stick with these parts, you should definitely swap out the PSU, that's a fire hazard right there. Get a Corsair CX450, it's not too expensive in most places and is much more trustworthy.

Solution