[SOLVED] OPINION on this system(simple office work/productivity/photoshop)

Dec 15, 2018
TL;DR system specs at the end, details in post

Hey guys, so I'm upgrading one of my older computers and I want your opinion on an offer I received. I'm not going to be overclocking it, I don't need/want RGB or any aesthetics - my main concern is that the computer will work smoothly at everyday office tasks and multi-tasking ones. A little bit of photoshop editing but not extensive.

I also prefer it to be as quiet as possible, so I don't really need a graphics card. I live outside the U.S so the prices are quite different here:

CPU
So, I was considering two options with the CPU - i5 8400 or Ryzen 2400g
Reasons for i5 8400 - better performance allegedly

Reasons for 2400g - it is over $100 cheaper here, which means I can can get a bit more ram speed

Is 2400g a good pick here? Will it suffice my needs? If it's cheaper, and it can game?

SSD:
ADATA XPG SSD 512GB SX8200 PRO M.2 2280

I want a hard-drive free computer, and I want my SSD to be fast - that is, not SATA. I got this over Samsung because the price is lower.

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x#kf

CASE
https://www.antec.com/product/case/p7-silent.php
I'm considering this case because it is silent and cheap, but I am really concerned about a few things I'm not knowledgeable about:
1- Will the motherboard sit comfortably in the case?
2- Will I have problems with the SSD I choose and this case? I'm not sure where the SSD goes as I've never had one before.

RAM
Corsair DDR 4 8G 3000 CL16 Vengeance LPX Black CMK8GX4M1D3000C16
Either one or two sticks, undecided if I want them both or not. Is this RAM ok?
The alternative is G.SKILL Aegis with the same speeds.

PSU
Antec VP-500PC 500 Watt ATX12V v2.3 PSU

I know it's cheap, but will it cause any issues for me performance-wise? I don't mind the electricity bill, I just want it to be quiet as I've said before. Should I go for the NEO ECO 550M series instead?

-Is 500 enough power? Is it too little or too much? Will there be noise if I get the 500 one because it is always working hard?

TL;DR System:
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2400G With Radeon RX Vega 11 Box
Motherboards Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H
RAM Memory Corsair DDR 4 8G 3000 CL16 Vengeance LPX Black CMK8GX4M1D3000C16
Case Antec P7 Silent Super Mid Tower
Power Supply Antec VP-500PC 500 Watt ATX12V v2.3 PSU
SSD - ADATA XPG SSD 512GB SX8200 PRO M.2 2280
Optical Drive LG DVDRW X24 SATA

Solution
As gaming is not a priority, the 2400G will be more than fine and can handle light gaming quiet well though don't expect miricales but a lot better than Intel's IGPU which will be a lot slower.

The M.2 NVMe SSD in the ADATA SX8200 is actually very, very good and fast..a good buy..

RAM, the Corsair Vengeance is more than fine and I would go for dual channel if you can so 2 x 4 GB rather than 1 x 8GB as it will be faster and better.

The case is subjective and so long as you are happy it is fine.

Same on the PSU, it has more than enough power....

Finally, the 8400 can get the best out of the Adobe suite as it uses it's IGPU to speed things up but then you lose out in terms of cost and gaming....
As gaming is not a priority, the 2400G will be more than fine and can handle light gaming quiet well though don't expect miricales but a lot better than Intel's IGPU which will be a lot slower.

The M.2 NVMe SSD in the ADATA SX8200 is actually very, very good and fast..a good buy..

RAM, the Corsair Vengeance is more than fine and I would go for dual channel if you can so 2 x 4 GB rather than 1 x 8GB as it will be faster and better.

The case is subjective and so long as you are happy it is fine.

Same on the PSU, it has more than enough power....

Finally, the 8400 can get the best out of the Adobe suite as it uses it's IGPU to speed things up but then you lose out in terms of cost and gaming....

Solution
Dec 15, 2018

Thanks!!

Can you explain about the case? I'm mainly concerned about whether it can hold everything together, and properly fit the SSD.(I don't really understand the SSD part)

I don't mind the simple looks of it, I actually like it simple. Would you recommend another case that will be quiet?

Hi, and no problems at all....The NVMe SSD that you have chosen is a M.2 Format that fits onto your motherboard so no issues on space: Here is a picture and article on what it looks like and how to install...very, very easy and very, very fast...

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-nvme-m2-ssd-hard-drive/

As to the case, again, that case has no fundamental issues and can fit all your parts with ease and then some and even though airflow is not great, airflow is not really that important in this build at all and it will provide a better level of silence than a higher airflow case and no doubt it is very cost effective...