Oppo U3 Benchmarks Unveil Mediatek's New ARMv8 Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think power consumption is important and should be a large factor in buying decision. Giving a monster 8 cores @ 1.7ghz is fine and all, but if i can only go 5 hours on a charge, i'd be pissed.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
"The benchmark unveils a MT6752 SoC that comes with powerful Mali-T760 GPU"
ROFL.

https://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?benchmark=gfx30&D1=Oppo+U3&os1=Android&api1=gl&D2=Google+Nexus+9&cols=2

Nexus 9 30.7fps, vs. 5.8gps in manhattan offscreen? I don't get how you call this powerful graphics...LOL. This chip is about 4-5x slower than K1. TrexHD offscreen 58 to 15fps for this chip. Again, this chip sucks. No thanks. K1 please. ;) But I'll wait for 20nm version or M1 (whatever, must be 20nm/NV currently as I want to game on it).

Maybe MT6795 will be better (it runs 2.2ghz etc), but I still want NV for gaming on android and streaming of PC gpu to TV when I update to 20nm maxwell soon.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
A53? Lame. Even the much faster A57 is still behind the A7 from last year.

Why don't they concentrate on making faster cores instead of just throwing more cores and cranking the clock speed?

hannibal

Distinguished
More cores sounds good... to some customers in anyway. But yeah, more powerful cores should be better at this moment, but the situation is not so "bad" as in desktop, where single core performance is all that counts in in most cases.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I wish Oppo would stick to building media players. I want a 4k blu-ray player that supports HDMI 2.0. And it should be fast. The BDP-93 I have was one of the fastest in its day and it's still pretty painful to use. The current BDP-103 is just a BDP-93 with a 4k scaler bolted on (but still only HDMI 1.3, and no support for xvYCC color).

Status
Not open for further replies.