Optimal Cooling Set-up?

Reggod

Reputable
Dec 30, 2016
I'm pretty new to building computers and want some advice on my cooling arrangement for my Bitfenix Prodigy M. I've got 2 120 mm intake fans on top, a 120 mm intake on the bottom, a heatsink fan, a 120 mm exhaust fan in rear, and an evercool cross-flow system fan in the front 5.25" bay. One thing to note is that the "handles" on the top and bottom came off a while ago, so that the case rests directly on the floor. So I'm not sure how much good the bottom intake fan does besides moving air around. Does this sound like a good set-up?

Solution

No doubt, you will have...

Reggod

Reputable
Dec 30, 2016

Thanks for your help. Will change. Any idea where I can find these legs? Googling "aftermarket case legs" doesn't come up with anything other than anti-slide rubber feet.

Reggod

Reputable
Dec 30, 2016

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind; however I'd prefer something that didn't let the pc roll around.

Yeah i meant rubber feet. How did those handles came off anyway? :D

Reggod

Reputable
Dec 30, 2016

Would the rubber feet give the pc enough clearance for air flow? The handles came off after repeatedly moving the pc around. They're a cheap plastic that's only secured with screws, and the plastic screw-holes inevitably wore through. I've done research and the handles are most people's only complaint.

Reggod

Reputable
Dec 30, 2016

Does not ship to U.S. That design is a possibility though.

No doubt, you will have enough airflow.

Solution