[SOLVED] options for replacing smd aluminum capacitor

thecloneranger

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
so i have a motherboard that has a capacitor broken on the top it says 8E VE 1000 16v. i can find replacement capacitors that are 1000uf and 16v but i cant find a exact match for the one im replacing, is this fine? also the polarity matches but i just cant find one that starts with 8E VE. any help would be awesome. also the motherboard is from a digital gauge cluster from a car if that makes any difference

Solution
Component height, or 'Z' dimension, is probably the thing to look for.

It looks good to me and Nichicon has a good brand reputation. Be sure to observe polarity when mounting.

EDIT: I'd avoid the Xuansn simply because it's Chinese...
If you match voltage and value with the same style (aluminum polymer) capacitor you'll be OK. Other than that it's important for it to fit inside the component.

You'll not likely ever match it perfectly for a variety of reasons: the company that made it may not import discrete parts into your market or the parts used for machine mounting (automated assembly) are marked different from parts intended for discrete mounting as you're doing are chief among them.

Reactions: thecloneranger

thecloneranger

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
If you match voltage and value with the same style (aluminum polymer) capacitor you'll be OK. Other than that it's important for it to fit inside the component.

You'll not likely ever match it perfectly for a variety of reasons: the company that made it may not import discrete parts into your market or the parts used for machine mounting (automated assembly) are marked different from parts intended for discrete mounting as you're doing are chief among them.
ok thanks would this be good?

https://www.digikey.com/en/products...doZ-kGZEmBXrR_rVyzJC9hymsXS3wfrkaAsKXEALw_wcB

itll fit in the component and by that i mean housing of the motherboard its the same size as the other capacitors

It looks good to me and Nichicon has a good brand reputation. Be sure to observe polarity when mounting.

EDIT: I'd avoid the Xuansn simply because it's Chinese made. It may be improving but I'd still not trust their quality and installed life, especially in severe service s/as automotive.

Reactions: thecloneranger
Solution

thecloneranger

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013

EDIT: I'd avoid the Xuansn simply because it's Chinese made. It may be improving but I'd still not trust their quality and installed life, especially in severe service s/as automotive.
got it thanks avoid chinese for now

TRENDING THREADS