OptiPlex 3010 Graphics card upgrade? How much power will the motherboard have?

sonofthewtfgang

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
I am replacing the power supply for it, I will rewire everything in a few days.

I have been running a Rx 460, but I feel like I should do better. It has an i7 3770 if it matters.

Can I handle a GTX 770? This is my motherboard specs: https://imgur.com/a/5Y8ok

Is it possible to have any cable converters? Do i just need to get low form factor/low power cards? I was looking at the mini GTX 970, but they are expensive for a budget build.

Solution
I'm not sure how those are your motherboard 'specs', but it doesn't matter really. Which of these is your Optiplex 3010?

With a good quality 575W or better PSU, the GTX 770 will be fine if you have the mini tower. Measure the length you have inside the case against the card's specs that you decide on. The GTX 970 would be faster, and the GTX 1060 faster yet if you want to move up to something better.
I don't know what you want 'cable converters' for. And the only reason you'd need a low-profile card is if you had the SFF or desktop 3010. And none of those cards come in low-profile.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not sure how those are your motherboard 'specs', but it doesn't matter really. Which of these is your Optiplex 3010?

With a good quality 575W or better PSU, the GTX 770 will be fine if you have the mini tower. Measure the length you have inside the case against the card's specs that you decide on. The GTX 970 would be faster, and the GTX 1060 faster yet if you want to move up to something better.
I don't know what you want 'cable converters' for. And the only reason you'd need a low-profile card is if you had the SFF or desktop 3010. And none of those cards come in low-profile.

Solution
A 770 is better but I don't know that I'd consider it 'worth it'. You have a 460 which is entry level. A 770 gets you to about GTX 1050 Ti performance. Also, you really want a 4gb card if you're moving up from a 460. Lack of vram will make a difference in your overall experience. However, if all you care about is squeezing out extra fps and are willing to pay the price then get the 770. If you are on a budget, how can you justify buying two cards(460 & 770) when you could have just bought the 1050 Ti to start with?