Question Optiplex 7010…adaptor to use 2 monitors

May 15, 2024
Hi,

Struggling to get this pc to work with 2 monitors. Both my monitors are VGA connections. Pc only has 1 VGA connection.

Tried a usb to vga adaptor and doesnt work. Think I tried a DVI to Vga adaptor…didnt work.

Can you add pics to this forum

Many Thanks
Gareth

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

Struggling to get this pc to work with 2 monitors. Both my monitors are VGA connections. Pc only has 1 VGA connection.

Tried a usb to vga adaptor and doesnt work. Think I tried a DVI to Vga adaptor…didnt work.

Can you add pics to this forum

Many Thanks
Gareth
To post pictures, you have to use an image hosting site like imgur.com and then post a link here.
There are a hundred different configurations that were sold as the 7010. We definitely need more specifics. A screen shot from GPUz might help.
Do you have a separate graphics card or just motherboard graphics ?

Reactions: Order 66

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Seems you're out of luck, no DVI-I (where the "I" is necessary, so no DVI-D). Only options are either ad a low profile gpu which supports two VGA (if one DVI-I port would that work with a proper adapter) or get a different monitor since you do have an Displayport on the motherboard.

Here’s your answer.

https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Adapter-Display-Converter-Gold-Plated/dp/B017Q8OCSY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=31V3WU5DC6UQS&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.2xHGIgDOnMLDFSn_zmgL5ZCu8VGKy6b97EYHpwMqbf6QbnhB0kQ4Oi5-D-AFgUzu68ku93ZS5iGsqDm7rxWKwTmXByhtG6uqtPdnZQ7OLM74bmlaX4TU64Y9GEm82HhI_mrAOJKuLcwBkw6dt2E4PpFoRxL7EkFa1Mk9Hv_10bbRLSwOono5qUn6V0fierl_ciwB3dkSmBSIbl2oBc2L_g.ZlwsudHsV6VniJBp6Dk6_YcNgJ5Q69byS0UngEmkc-0&dib_tag=se&keywords=dp+to+vga+adapter&qid=1715992858&sprefix=dp+to,aps,221&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

We use lots of these types of adapters at work to adapt to VGA, dvi or HDMI. You can also get hdmi to VGA adapters that work decently. We have a lot of Dell PCs(we buy almost all Dell) and many of them are just using onboard graphics.

However if your monitors support HDMI or even dvi, get adapters for those instead since those are digital connections and the digital signal may give you a little bit better signal.

Ironically a lot of those older Dell optiplex machines are the ones we are retiring.