[SOLVED] Optiplex 9010 - Reboots twice when turned on, works on 3rd reboot.

Cytrous.

Prominent
Dec 9, 2019
Hello
I have an annoying issue with my Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF i7 3770 (blower). When power button is pressed, it turns on for a second or two and then shuts itself off, twice, and then turns on, but when i go into f12 one-time boot menu and select a drive, it shuts off immediately. Same issue if booting without one-time boot menu and straight into windows, there is only a black screen and the only option is to press and hold on the power button. If I turn it on again after it shuts off, it boots up like nothing happened, fully functional.

TL;DR pc turns on and off twice automatically, turns on, but os inaccessible. Works fine after if booted again.

Not too urgent as the PC works fine after the third reboot and is perfectly usable, but I just want to see what is the issue here and if it can be resolved.

Solution
Disconnect the drive and everything else except the memory and see if it works correctly or not. Could just be a bad motherboard, which are cheap enough to replace.
I've got some weirdness like this on my 990. I think something's going on with the power supply. I haven't messed with mind since once the system is on, it's on 24x7 and I remote into it, but you can try another power supply--assuming you don't have a proprietary connector in the 9010.

Cytrous.

Prominent
Dec 9, 2019
I have tried a thermaltake versa h15 psu as it does not have any proprietary connectors but it just refuses to turn on, the power button just flashes this amber light and does not turn on.