[SOLVED] Orange RAM led, no boot

Marsholo

Commendable
Jun 1, 2021
I built a pc for my cousin about a month ago and it was running fine for a while. A couple weeks ago he started getting the same bsod multiple times with the error code "MEMORY_MANAGMENT". We swapped the ripjaw sticks out for some vengeance sticks but got the same orange led and no boot. on the first boot I had overclocked his memory to 3000mhz (the advertised speed for the ripjaw ram). Resetting the cmos didn't help, I've never had a computer be this stubborn with me and I'm kinda out of ideas.

SPECS:
EVGA 600 BR 80+ Bronze
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II
GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB 3000mhz (2 x 8GB) (Original ram)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200mhz (2x8GB) (New ram)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solution
Finally made it back to my cousins house and was able to work on the pc, I took out the cmos battery for about 10 minutes and we got a boot (finally). Went into the bios and applied the X.M.P. profile on it and everything is running smooth. The issue was that I had him connect the cmos pins with a screwdriver to reset the cmos. When that didn’t work he was too uncomfortable with taking out the gpu to get to the battery and take it out, so he waited until I was able to come over and get hands on with it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you working with on the motherboard? Version of Windows 10 on your system? I wish you picked a higher quality PSU for your build, since that unit from EVGA is lackluster, when compared to all the other hardware in your cousin's build. X.M.P enabled or did you manually input the timings, voltage and frequency in BIOS?

Which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the motherboard?

Marsholo

Commendable
Jun 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you working with on the motherboard? Version of Windows 10 on your system? I wish you picked a higher quality PSU for your build, since that unit from EVGA is lackluster, when compared to all the other hardware in your cousin's build. X.M.P enabled or did you manually input the timings, voltage and frequency in BIOS?

Which slots are the sticks of ram populating on the motherboard?
Thanks for the warm welcome!

The first thing I did was update the bios to the newest version available (4301). Windows 10 64 bit. I went with that psu because I was trying to stick to a budget and it had really good reviews + a 3 year warranty so I thought it would be good. Enabled X.M.P. in bios. We’ve tried using the recommended slots, A2 and B2, but have tried other configurations as well. Would a bios flashback possibly work? I have a feeling that it’s something bios related since both of the ram models aren’t working.

Marsholo

Commendable
Jun 1, 2021
Finally made it back to my cousins house and was able to work on the pc, I took out the cmos battery for about 10 minutes and we got a boot (finally). Went into the bios and applied the X.M.P. profile on it and everything is running smooth. The issue was that I had him connect the cmos pins with a screwdriver to reset the cmos. When that didn’t work he was too uncomfortable with taking out the gpu to get to the battery and take it out, so he waited until I was able to come over and get hands on with it.

Solution