Question ORBI RBK50 Set (RBR50 router with 2 RBS satelites)

bhdavis2

Honorable
Apr 2, 2018
I've started getting bounced from the internet multiple times a day. I reboot both the modem and the router and get the system working again. Figuring I was losing the internet signal at the Spectrum modem I called support. They checked the logs and said the modem had not failed to pass through the internet signal for at least a month. The suggestion was to check the router.

My router setup is an ORBI RBK50 kit with one RBR50 router and two RBS50 satellites. It's around 4 years old.

After the phone call with Specturm tech the next time I lost signal I only rebooted the ORBI router and we had internet at all our devices again. So perhaps the Spectrum tech was right.

I've checked the firmware on the ORBI and it is the latest available. I've also read a lot on changing router and modem settings to correct this problem but that doesn't make a lot of sense as the system worked flawlessly for years.

So question is whether it's time to replace the ORBI system. I'd appreciate any advice people have to offer.

Thanks,
BH

kanewolf

Titan
I've started getting bounced from the internet multiple times a day. I reboot both the modem and the router and get the system working again. Figuring I was losing the internet signal at the Spectrum modem I called support. They checked the logs and said the modem had not failed to pass through the internet signal for at least a month. The suggestion was to check the router.

My router setup is an ORBI RBK50 kit with one RBR50 router and two RBS50 satellites. It's around 4 years old.

After the phone call with Specturm tech the next time I lost signal I only rebooted the ORBI router and we had internet at all our devices again. So perhaps the Spectrum tech was right.

I've checked the firmware on the ORBI and it is the latest available. I've also read a lot on changing router and modem settings to correct this problem but that doesn't make a lot of sense as the system worked flawlessly for years.

So question is whether it's time to replace the ORBI system. I'd appreciate any advice people have to offer.

Thanks,
BH
Do you have a wired or wireless connection? Do the satellites have wired or wireless connection back to the router?
Next time, rather than rebooting the router, you need to make a wired connection and see if that has internet. Then login to the GUI and look at the status and any log options. You are using a sledge hammer approach but you need to be more surgical to determine what is happening.