[SOLVED] Ordered a i5-10400, received i5-10600KF

jm88

Reputable
Jun 18, 2020
I just ordered an i5-10400 with a B460 motherboard and they sent a 15-10600KF by mistake. I am assuming this will still work fine but is just a faster CPU, right? And it looks like KF doesn't have onboard graphics but I have a graphics card so this should work, right? Anything else I need to know?

Solution
I have a hyper 212. Only thing I worry about is if something goes wrong with it, then I don't know how the warranty might work.

You'll need a better cooler if you want any overclocking. You'll hit thermal throttling with any long processor intensive app like Encoding or Prime95. just at stock values.
if you aren't planning on OC, then I would suggest adding the rear fan to the 212 and call it done.

popatim

Titan
I have a hyper 212. Only thing I worry about is if something goes wrong with it, then I don't know how the warranty might work.

You'll need a better cooler if you want any overclocking. You'll hit thermal throttling with any long processor intensive app like Encoding or Prime95. just at stock values.
if you aren't planning on OC, then I would suggest adding the rear fan to the 212 and call it done.

Solution