Ordinal 4164 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there

I have very important downloader that I have to use to download sound libraries- I use it nearly every other day, so it is important. This is few months old Kaby Lake computer that supposed to have no issues as everything was installed very carefully.
Last week I opened Connect Downloader and it would not open first and give me error "Ordinal 4164 could not be located in dynamic link library C/Program Files (86)/Intel/oCLS/ssleay32.dll

If I click "Ok", then Downloader is opening and works. I am thankful that it works, but I don't like extra step before I can open it and when it says, something is missing in Intel folder, that is worrisome to me because I am wondering what else it may affect. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
I don't think the file has been removed, its just the instructions it is following cannot locate something in the file. Its possible its been replaced by another version of same dll but then reinstalling it should replace it.

Astralv

Distinguished
http://www.continuata.com/ It says "Power by Continuata" Continuata Installer v. 3.2.4. When I buy software or sound libraries, it usually comes in e-mail delivery with the serial number. It would say, Please download the installer app here:
http://continuata.net/download_app.php

I enter serial number and it starts downloading, then it installs the libraries and deletes zip files. Most music software stores use this installer to deliver their products, so it would be huge problem if this stops working as I use it every few days. I already uninstalled it and reinstalled it (I believe I downloaded it again) and the same error pops up. Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try this

right click start
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Did you try contacting Continuata? on their web site, click Contact and either choose support which shows an FAQ and shows a link to email address, or choose contact us and it will open a box to type message and give them email address and details.

Astralv

Distinguished
The article you posted says ssleay32.dll is not a system file. "It is a module associated with The OpenSSL Toolkit from The OpenSSL Project, http://www.openssl.org/. Non-system processes like ssleay32.dll originate from software you installed on your system.". May be good idea to contact them.

Repair Windows Image- this sounds too dramatic and serious. If it is not image file, this probably would not help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It is likely something else installed that dll, it may have been made by the OpenSSL Project but if say the Connect downloader uses it, it may have been installed with it.

up to you on the 2nd part but try SFC /scannow. The Windows image is the source of all files installed on windows 10, all that command does is confirms it is okay. If SFC cannot fix all the files it scans, the second command replaces the files SFC uses to compare files and may let it fix files it couldn't before.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't think the file has been removed, its just the instructions it is following cannot locate something in the file. Its possible its been replaced by another version of same dll but then reinstalling it should replace it.

Solution