Origin and Steam easy reainstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

barranquilla

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2014
Hi guys with windows 10 coming out tomorrow and been an windows 7 user I wanted to ask about an easy way to reinstall my games. My internet conection is not the fastest and with games like BF4 (50+ Gb) on origin and GTA5 (50+ Gb) on Steam I wanted to ask if there is an easy way to reinstall this games without having to download them again. I have 3 SSD 1. OS, 2. Origin and 3. Steam. It will be so great if there is a way.

Thnxs in advance guys.

Solution
I know in steam, there's a backup routine that allows you to backup your games, re-install Steam and the restore your games - without re-downloading them all.

Samat

Distinguished
You can't do a clean install on the first time when upgrading to Windows 10. So all the programs and games that you have installed should still be there after the upgrade process.

If you want to make backups to be sure Steam is very easy, you can just copy the whole steam folder for example to a external hdd and the copy it back later. Just start steam from the copied folder and it will reinstall any necessary components for steam, and when you run any games they might run through the install process but you shouldn't need to redownload anything. Not 100% sure this works as easily with Origin, but you can always just copy the folder over and that way you have the files safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.