[SOLVED] Origin PC Pre-built help

jaylenhollins2003

Commendable
Nov 4, 2018
Hello, im currently looking to purchase a prebuilt from Origin PC, however, I'm not tech-savvy and want to run the specs by someone who knows what they're doing before finalizing
Any advice would be very much appreciated

Specs:
Processors : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core 3.4GHz (4.9GHz Max Boost)
Thermal Compound
Motherboard : Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite WiFi
Memory : 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200MHz (2x16GB)
System Cooling : CORSAIR H150i PRO XT RGB Cooler
System Fans : CORSAIR SP120 PRO Performance iCUE RGB controlled by iCUE software
Graphics Cards : NVIDIA 10GB GeForce RTX 3080
Operating System : MS Windows 10 Professional
Hard Drive Cage : 5 Bay Hard-Drive Cage
Operating System Drive : 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2
RAID : No RAID
Hard Drive : 1TB Seagate BarraCuda SSD
Hard Drive : 1
Hard Drive : 2TB ORIGIN PC Approved Hard Drive
Hard Drive : 1
Power Supply : CORSAIR HX1200 PLATINUM
Power Supply Sleeved Cable : No Sleeved Cable
Audio : Integrated High-Definition Audio
Networking : Onboard Network Port

Link:

(I'm not concerned about the price of it, I was looking to spend about 5k on a PC anyway)
Thank you for any help :)

Solution
It depends on what you do, but the R9 might not be reasonable for your use, depending on the price a modern R7 should still be plenty of processor for years.
As for the storage, how comfortable are you adding storage yourself?
If you have some experience with replacing/adding harddrives you could easily just get the system with the "operating system drive" option as is, and remove the other two drives from the purchase and add them later on your own for cheaper.

Or theres nothing wrong with the way it is now if you would rather never open the PC to change parts.
Specs wise, nothing wrong with it, no components are blatantly low quality.
Value wise is a different question.
Do you need the R9 processor? Whats this system going to be used for?
Depending on that answer the cooler could be a waste of money.
Corsair RGB fans are nice, but pricey. Again, could be a waste just for looks.
You most likely dont need win10 pro.
Great NVME choice, but do you want a 1TB boot drive, a second 1TB SSD, and a 2TB drive? The second SSD is not fantastic, and the HDD is questionable without a brand. Not to mention you can add storage later for far cheaper.
PSU is a tad large, so potentially wasted money, but its a good unit.

jaylenhollins2003

Commendable
Nov 4, 2018
Great NVME choice, but do you want a 1TB boot drive, a second 1TB SSD, and a 2TB drive? The second SSD is not fantastic, and the HDD is questionable without a brand. Not to mention you can add storage later for far cheaper.
My thinking was "lets buy a PC that will last for years and years"
so I should pick something over than the R9 (any suggestions?), Normal fans, get regular windows 10, and you kinda lost me at the NVME and the SSD related stuff

It depends on what you do, but the R9 might not be reasonable for your use, depending on the price a modern R7 should still be plenty of processor for years.
If you have some experience with replacing/adding harddrives you could easily just get the system with the "operating system drive" option as is, and remove the other two drives from the purchase and add them later on your own for cheaper.

Or theres nothing wrong with the way it is now if you would rather never open the PC to change parts.

Solution

jaylenhollins2003

Commendable
Nov 4, 2018
Oh wait nevermind, I kinda see what you mean about the SSD, NVME, and SSD stuff...I've removed the second SSD, and replaced the HDD with a 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black, and lowered the CPU to a Ryzen 7 5800x 8-core

Reactions: Gam3r01

jaylenhollins2003

Commendable
Nov 4, 2018

Thank you for your help, it was much needed :)

A 5800X does make more sense for your uses. You won't be rendering videos and editing pictures so you don't need a 16 Cores CPU.

If you play games and do light workstation stuff that 5800X will be good for at least 4-5 years.

I would change that motherboard. Not that it's a bad one "I have the same one" but there is NO debug light on that motherboard. Nothing to help you figure out what is wrong if something is wrong. It is not a user friendly motherboard. No QCODE LED. No degud LED either.

If you can change that RAM from 3200MHz to 3600MHz CL16 it would be great.