Origin pc vs cyberpower

Fritz 125

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
As the tittle says i would i like to know wich one is the best in price or "bang for your buck",build,quality,etc.

I already had compares digital storm and origin i think im leaning for origin but i have begined to take a looking at cyberpower.I had a past horrible experience with alienware so i requested a refund i heard that origin was made by former alienware employees so i was thinking on it btw i want to get a desktop in origin im intrested in the genesis tough i still take a look at cyberpower

So what do you think it's the best

By the way i don't have the time or the avilabilty of resources to build my own pc so i get a pre-build please answer the question with funded answers

Thank you

Solution
Its not a case of which company.

Take your budget and see what you can get for it from each site.

It should be relatively similar. Then look at the quality of the parts each one is offering you.

Say both come with a 600w psu. One offers a no brand generic. The other is offering a seasonic. Get the one that offers the seasonic.

If you need help deeming the quality. Post what each site is offering you. The good people of this forum will pick it apart bone by bone :p

drtoast

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Its not a case of which company.

Take your budget and see what you can get for it from each site.

It should be relatively similar. Then look at the quality of the parts each one is offering you.

Say both come with a 600w psu. One offers a no brand generic. The other is offering a seasonic. Get the one that offers the seasonic.

If you need help deeming the quality. Post what each site is offering you. The good people of this forum will pick it apart bone by bone :p

Solution

Fritz 125

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks Ill post my stats and compare prices.At the begining i was sure i would go origin but now im not so sure but i removed all other options it's either origin pc or cyberpower.

I have heard wonderfull things about origin pc support some say cyberpower is the best some say it's sh** my budget is not very limited thank god but im looking for the best quality and where i get the best for my money.

Fritz 125

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
This is my origin setup:

Corsair 900D
Exterior: Not Painted
Truly Custom PC's. Want a component that is not on our site? Call or email us and we will include it in your system.
Blue LED
ORIGIN High-Performance Ultra Silent Fans - Black
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 4-WaySLI capable)
ORIGIN FROSTBYTE 360 Sealed Liquid Cooling System - High Performance Push/Pull
Overclocked Intel Core i7 3930K 4.0GHz - 4.4GHz LGA 2011 Hex-Core Processor (12MB L3 Cache)
1.2 Kilowatt Corsair AX1200i
Dual 3GB EVGA GTX 780
ORIGIN Professional Graphics Card Overclocking
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz (4x8GB)
Genuine MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition
2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache
3TB SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
ASUS 24X CD/DVD Burner (No DVD Playback Software for Windows 8 Included)
12X Blu-ray Reader and DVD Combo (No DVD/Blu-ray Playback Software Included)
40-in-1 Media Card Reader
ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus
Onboard Network Port
ORIGIN Wooden Crate Armor
3 Year Part Replacement and Free Shipping Warranty with Lifetime Labor/24-7 Support
ORIGIN Recovery USB Flash Drive
3 Year Evolve Part Upgrade Service with Free Shipping
ORIGIN PC T-Shirt Medium
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Razer Manticor
Gunnar RPG (Gunmetal)
Astro Origin PC A40 Audio System w/MixAmp
Steam (The Ultimate Online Game Platform)
Origin PC NEXUS In-Game Support Chat Client
FREE Splinter Cell Blacklist Download (With Purchase of GeForce GTX 760/770/780 graphics card)
FREE Corsair Vengeance M95 Mouse and MM200 Mouse Pad
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Google Chrome

$6288

I know it's kinda expesnive but i heard wonders of orgin pc.
But in cyberpower i can get 3x GTX780 for $4500 but i heard their builds are bad quality and their tech support is bad but their prices seem very good tough i would love to make a pc myself i can't by reasons i already explained

Fritz 125

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Cyber power setup:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [+29] (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory [+394] (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: * [4-Way CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 5 Plus, OP AMP, 7.1 Creative Sound Core 3D Audio, Dual GbLAN (Intel & Killer E2200), 4x Gen3 PCIe x16 & 3 PCIe x1 (All Venom OC Certified) [+298]
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCIe Sound Card w/SNR 124dB, DBPro optical output, Multi-channel surround, SBX Pro Studio, Sound Core3D Processor & Audio Control Module [+226]
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+310] (EVGA Superclocked [+15])

As you can see these are only the mayor things but with all it's $5500 with next day shipping

i got 3 way GTX 780 in SLI with other stuff but well i can get a lot more things with the same money in cyber power but im not sure because i had been sure i was going to get origin for their alienware background and awesome customer support but seems like cyber power gives me more for my money.

Please people of Tom's hardware help me i think i only have like 2-5 days to choose since alienware accepted my refund request so please show me the light and help me

drtoast

Honorable
May 10, 2013
well the origin is two 780's in SLI.
the cyberpower is a single 780.... that explains your price difference.

What exactly do you need this pc to do?
And you need to post the power supply of the cyberpower. As they frequently use a cheap PSU that puts your system at risk.

The biggest thing i notice is certainly the origin build? your buying a *really* expensive motherboard. For just two cards? You dont need to pay that much for a motherboard. So please, tell us what your playing, what resolutions etc. Or what software applications you need it to run.

Fritz 125

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Actually the cyberpower pc build is 3X GTX 780 but it doesn't shows them the PSU is :

1,200 Watts - Cooler Master Silent Pro 80 Plus Gold Power Supply ( 80 Plus Gold)

im running it at a 1920x1080

I play Graphic intensive games such as Battlefield 3,the upcoming Batllefield 4,Arma 3 and so on im not planning on using multi display

drtoast

Honorable
May 10, 2013
cooler master arent the best, not the worst either :/.... although you should get away with it....

However you really dont need to spend that much. a single 780 will max out bf3 on highest settings at 1080.... Massive overkill.

Fritz 125

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Yhea i think ill stick with one 780 maybe two but well what PSU brand will you recommend

Well anyway we are still in the same spot which one is best Origin pc or Cyberpower :/

drtoast

Honorable
May 10, 2013
PSU's... brands like corsair, seasonic, antec or pc power and cooling.

In terms of whats best, I'd probably go for the origin build, but thats to be expected for that price. Although I am suprised that neither company have placed a SSD in there for those prices.

They are both far far more than you need.

jacklynembrey

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
dont select a prebuilt. you need to make one yourself or chance some one to make it for you. its truly simple though. lots of people compare it to making legos set which i agree.

fill in the following so we can get started somewhere.

Budget :.
More specific use (what games, what programs) :.
Planned time until purchase :.
Do you need an Operating System? :.
Do you have any specific preferred components? :.
Do you need a sound or wireless card? :.
Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking? :.
Do y.

origin vs cyberpower
MSRP $2,499 MSRP $4,200

Memory Details
Up to 12GB of Triple Channel DDR3 Memory 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module
Processor Cores
4 Cores 6 Cores
Processor Cache
12 MB 8 MB
Warranty Details
3 Year Limited Parts/Labor, Life-Time Technical Support
Lifetime phone and online service
guarantee, lifetime labor for all
your service and upgrade needs,
knowledgeable and resourceful support staff

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
If you have time to play video games, you probably have an hour or two to put together your own system. Its fun and rewarding, and you will save a few grand judging by what your looking at spending on those prebuilts..