Original Factory-Sealed iPhones Appear on eBay for $10,000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

2 days left, bidding is up to $8100.00. Might just hit the mark after all. A shame this isn't being sold for charity.

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
no apple product is worth a crap if you ask me ever tried to work on one??, not paying a single penny for a device that i can get much cheaper, just as good if not better from another company. and ifts a pc or laptop SOMETHING ICAN ACTUALLY WORK ON!

"Apples are for pies not computing" (or my use) - me

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Sold for $10,099 . You really never know what people want. I don't under stand all the hate for this who cares that its a apple product for some people its a collectors item if they collect apple stuff or popular phones. I don't buy many apple products but I feel they need some defending here if this was almost any thing else , it would not get this kinda disdain. Ya people would say lol waste of money but "I Hope it's fake, whoever buys this deserves to get robbed" are you kidding people spend hundreds of thousands on comics and its fine we all have our own priority's if you love collecting apple stuff this could be cool.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Also LOL at "Find a good job dude, you ain't making $10,000 with this." Its awesome when people are like "hahah I know better then you silly person, good job being stupid" and then they are proven totally incorrect.

ericksen

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Why would someone pay for an old phone? You can get the newest one for $99 I have a drawer full of old phones, pdas, pagers, zune, walkman, discman... it's so sad to throw this things away, as they all still work but are completely useless nowadays.

Guitarcat

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I think it is pretty stupid to pay any money for such an old phone.
With every generation of Smartphones you get more usabillity this thingt is as worth as a brick, ind I´´m not sure if Apple even supports the first generation!
Collectors items have changed so much since I collected stamps ad middle school and sold now an incomplete collection for 50 bucks, trashed my video and cassette collection just to get space to cramp my house in my second half of life (40+).
Therefore I added my Vinyl Record collection (Records on.. Transrotor Quintessence,SME 3009 Arm,AKG P- 8 ES Super Nova ) on a good HIFI set play CD´´s to the wall.Vinyls,old cameras, furniture, music instruments... those are vintage things that are valuable.
Hey folks, I just found out that the C 64 Processor 6502 is produced again...and I was up to sell my C 64 stuff, now I wont.
Programming the 6502 in Assembler is faster than some modern programs and the new 6602 runs 14Mc!!! compared to only 1 the anticue did.

Guitarcat

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
With every generation of Smartphones you get more usabillity this thingt is as worth as a brick, ind I´´m not sure if Apple even supports the first generation!
Collectors items have changed so much since I collected stamps ad middle school and sold now an incomplete collection for 50 bucks, trashed my video and cassette collection just to get space to cramp my house in my second half of life (40+).
Therefore I added my Vinyl Record collection (Records on.. Transrotor Quintessence,SME 3009 Arm,AKG P- 8 ES Super Nova ) on a good HIFI set play CD´´s to the wall.Vinyls,old cameras, furniture, music instruments... those are vintage things that are valuable.
Hey folks, I just found out that the C 64 Processor 6502 is produced again...and I was up to sell my C 64 stuff, now I wont.
Programming the 6502 in Assembler is faster than some modern programs and the new 6602 runs 14Mc!!! compared to only 1 the anticue did.

Guitarcat

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013

Guitarcat

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Is it even the first generation? The picture and the arrangement of the Icons look like my 3 GS?
@blurr91 This 50 jear old TV will work, you just need a AVtoUHF converter
OK a modern flat screen has 5 times and more the resolution so I bought a 27",now 6 years ago.Still happy even its not full HD but its a Phillips and when I bought it, it had the brightest screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.