[SOLVED] Original PCIe pins are unable to reach my new graphics card.

Nov 30, 2019
My original graphics card (which came with my prebuilt PC), was a 1660 Ti. I recently upgraded to a dual fan 2070 Super, which fits snug inside the case. The problem is that this GPU requires more PCIe pins to operate. While these are provided by the original PC I purchased, the length of the pins is unable to reach this new GPU. I was wondering if there happened to be an adapter or connector of some sort, which would allow me to use the pins provided by the original manufacturer.

I apologize if this question is redundant; I searched the forums already, and all I was able to find were posts from PCs that were in the process of being built: not prebuilt.

Solution
Extension cables are available pretty much everywhere, but saying your cable can't reach the GPU? That's just not possible. Cable routing is always to be done when needed, zip ties are a fraction of the cost of an extension cable so it's not an excuse not to buy them.
However, as it seems you have a modular PSU which is very common these days. Another thing is you can always use the same PCIE power supply cable which most often comes with 2x8 (or 2x6+2) plugs as a standard plug in from the same cable. Modular PSU's with more than 1 PCIE power connector are mostly rated (the cables itself) at about 350W per cable so its a no brainer not to be able to use1 to supply your GPU, and that is a cable which you are already using, so its not...
Sep 14, 2019
My original graphics card (which came with my prebuilt PC), was a 1660 Ti. I recently upgraded to a dual fan 2070 Super, which fits snug inside the case. The problem is that this GPU requires more PCIe pins to operate. While these are provided by the original PC I purchased, the length of the pins is unable to reach this new GPU. I was wondering if there happened to be an adapter or connector of some sort, which would allow me to use the pins provided by the original manufacturer.

I apologize if this question is redundant; I searched the forums already, and all I was able to find were posts from PCs that were in the process of being built: not prebuilt.
you should be able to buy extensions somewhere like amazon or newegg

Oct 16, 2019
Extension cables are available pretty much everywhere, but saying your cable can't reach the GPU? That's just not possible. Cable routing is always to be done when needed, zip ties are a fraction of the cost of an extension cable so it's not an excuse not to buy them.
However, as it seems you have a modular PSU which is very common these days. Another thing is you can always use the same PCIE power supply cable which most often comes with 2x8 (or 2x6+2) plugs as a standard plug in from the same cable. Modular PSU's with more than 1 PCIE power connector are mostly rated (the cables itself) at about 350W per cable so its a no brainer not to be able to use1 to supply your GPU, and that is a cable which you are already using, so its not possible not to reach.
HOWEVER, this does depend on your PSU. Usually better quality PSU's or more modern PSU's have single 12V rail, so unless your PSU goes with dual rail for PCIE supply, and have single rail that goes below your GPU required power, thats a DON'T use single cable for the GPU supply, but if you have a good or even a decent quality PSU that have at the very least 300W rail for PCIE power supply, you can easily use the 2nd connector from the single cable which already you have connected to one of the power supply jacks on the GPU.
Seasonic, which is one of the best considering PSU have recommended this method as "standard" GPU power supply connection (when using the dual jacks on single cable for PCIE power supply)

Solution