OS won't load up.

DenyOrReply

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Here's the computer:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($259.99 @ Microcenter)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Mushkin Essentials 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($229.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.98 @ Outlet PC)

Case: NZXT Phantom (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($102.68 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Rosewill Stallion 450W ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer ($22.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) ($130.55 @ Amazon)

Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor ($569.35 @ Amazon)

Here's the problem:

Computer turns on, fans spin, all the parts are active. When I tried to download the OS onto it, it won't load up. It will get to the loading screen, but when the log in SHOULD show up, the screen is just black. Troubleshooting doesn't work. Resetting it doesn't work, any "advanced option" from the diagnosis doesn't work. Did the OS load up improperly because I have a faulty or broken motherboard, or is the OS the problem?

It May be an issue with having four stick of ram in the mb and an old bios.
Try running with one dimm and update the bios by putting the bios files on a USB stick and se the bios updater inside the bios. Then with one dimm and the DVD as first boot device. See if windows will install. If it read the DVD fine you get a message hit any key to boot from cd. The windows installer reboots in the middle if it installing right. On new bios make sure the efi CDROM not the first boot device.