Ouch: London Underground Pokes Fun at iOS 6 Maps Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
"...the more people use it, the better it will get." ...
And the more beers you drink, the prettier that girl looks. :/

stormblade42

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
LOL Pretty funny!

If you want to use Google maps after the update, you can go to the Google website and go to Maps. It'll prompt you if you want to place a desktop icon for the web app. I've used it and it works well.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
LMFAO! nice one!! xD

Funny thing the day after iPhone5 announcement I was arguing with a friend of mine, who happens to be a diehard apple fan, about the device.
I brought up the fact that apple dropped the use of google's apps, and his reply was that "it's great because now apple is bigger than google".
yea he was also brainwashed that the small holy "retina" display is simply better because you can use the device with one hand.

[citation][nom]stormblade42[/nom]LOL Pretty funny!If you want to use Google maps after the update, you can go to the Google website and go to Maps. It'll prompt you if you want to place a desktop icon for the web app. I've used it and it works well.[/citation]
Yep, 2007- style. Welcome to progress, the Apple way!

[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]LMFAO! nice one!! xDFunny thing the day after iPhone5 announcement I was arguing with a friend of mine, who happens to be a diehard apple fan, about the device.I brought up the fact that apple dropped the use of google's apps, and his reply was that "it's great because now apple is bigger than google".yea he was also brainwashed that the small holy "retina" display is simply better because you can use the device with one hand.[/citation]
That friend must have the smallest hands ever...

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
"Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get."

Why would more people use it if it sucks big time? Apple's forcing you to improve their product for them. Lazy.

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]"Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get."Why would more people use it if it sucks big time? Apple's forcing you to improve their product for them. Lazy.[/citation]
You are forgetting who we are talking about. The legendary Apple Blind Hordes.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Apple won't admit they can fail or do anything wrong. So just avoid going to the wrong places which do not conform to iOS maps and you'd be fine.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
People pay a premium for Apple product, and involuntary asked to beta test their mess. I really do admire Apple how they are able pull this off on so many people. What kind of spells do Apple cast on their products?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
For your information, Apple is doing what ever other software developers are doing:

Release software, then fix it.

OR:

Release software, then abandon it (Big rigs over the road racing)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]"Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get."Why would more people use it if it sucks big time? Apple's forcing you to improve their product for them. Lazy.[/citation]

Sheep Sourcing to keep the costs down :)

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
This just shows Apple's business model is failing. They want to do it all themselves, no partnerships, and keep all the money. Guess what? Google/Motorola, Samsung, Nvidia, HTC, Acer, Asus, Sony and many other can do a lot more work a lot quicker than Apple can by itself.

They are just starting to trip trying to go as fast as Android is going. Apple makes good software, but their arrogance and lack of collaboration makes them look like they are going slower than the Android army. NONE of the features in iPhone 5 are lacking in the Galaxy S III and other top-of-the-line Android devices and the gap will just keep widening.

Apple just depends on keeping its users hostage because they have invested in apps, music, and books. Well, if they just had paid attention to their geek friend !

f-14

Distinguished
Apple just depends on keeping its users hostage because they have invested in apps, music, and books. Well, if they just had paid attention to their geek friend !

don't bother, stupid people belong with their own kind, it also cuts down on having to fix any of their mess as you can claim " iCrap is beneath your abilities and an insult to ask you to fix " " omg that stuff is made to be idiot proof and you broke it?! " " only less than 1% of the world uses iCrap and apple patents prohibit you from fixing that and or you do not know how "

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
"We launched this new map service knowing it is a major initiative and that we are just getting started with it," the company told AllThingsD. "Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get."
Sounds like something Blizzard would say about Diablo III.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Inconceivable! Someone will be fired over this message! We can't have people degrading the image of Apple like this, and no self-respecting iOS 6 user would stoop so low as to use a paper map over Apple Maps' "challenging" interface. Why every iOS 6 user should volunteer to Apple their time and money to help fix the maps app. To action!

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]Inconceivable! Someone will be fired over this message! We can't have people degrading the image of Apple like this, and no self-respecting iOS 6 user would stoop so low as to use a paper map over Apple Maps' "challenging" interface. Why every iOS 6 user should volunteer to Apple their time and money to help fix the maps app. To action![/citation]
Yup, they'd prefer to die than to hold a paper map. Not that they can't read one (Which is probably true. Paper maps may or may not have a 'YOU ARE HERE' sign but it sure doesn't scroll/pan and tell you where it is.) but because they're so uncool, last century technology.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]Apple won't admit they can fail or do anything wrong. So just avoid going to the wrong places which do not conform to iOS maps and you'd be fine.[/citation]
so true...
iSheep using Apple Maps, arriving at wrong destination: "Hey.. this is not the place I asked for".
Apple/Siri: "That's right, cause you do not know where you want to go.. So I made the necessary corrections for you!"
iSheep: "Oh, OK. Thank you Siri!"

Status
Not open for further replies.