News Our Favorite SSD Is Almost Half Off

Aug 7, 2020
The lowest score I've seen in professional review website for this product is 92/100. SSD had very good customer reviews from newegg and other vendors

GeekyOne

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Now if only they'd make a PCIe 4 version... Samsung is finally supposed to join the PCIe 4 manufacturers this fall, but sure to be pricey rather than on the lower priced end and all the rest are pretty pricey.

500-512 GB is a decent size, but, henceforth, 1 TB will be a sensible minimum...as already my 960 EVO at 3 years old is about 60% full, and, I must occasionally remove crap to avoid hovering at 75% full....

GeekyOne

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
i love all these "huge sales" this is the price i am seeing most ~500gb drives. only the top of the line ones are more than this right now. so not exactly a big deal since this is close to normal price anyway.

Yea, $130 for their "usual price" is way expensive to begin with. 500GB Most PCIe 4 drives are currently priced starting at $110 at Newegg. I wouldn't pay over $100 for a 500GB PCIe 3 drive.

Feb 25, 2020
Yes.
The ONLY part of your PC that cares about wall voltage is the power supply.
Thank you. I've always wondered. I've brought stuff from the US for many years but never items for building a PC. The prices here (Australia) can be really expensive sometimes.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Thank you. I've always wondered. I've brought stuff from the US for many years but never items for building a PC. The prices here (Australia) can be really expensive sometimes.

Prices could be the same if you add up the VAT+Shipping .. so be careful , US online priced dont include the VAT . but I Agree US prices are the lowest when it comes to special offers .. you wont find such low price offers anywhere outside USA

Reactions: ridgy didge
Feb 25, 2020
Prices could be the same if you add up the VAT+Shipping .. so be careful , US online priced dont include the VAT . but I Agree US prices are the lowest when it comes to special offers .. you wont find such low price offers anywhere outside USA
Ok I'll take that on board. Thanks.

FrozenGerbil

Honorable
May 30, 2017
Umm, is this a lame publicity gimmick? First of all, your link goes to Amazon, not Best Buy. Secondly, and most importantly, your mention of "the 512GB version of this blazing fast drive is now selling for a nice $69.99 " is nonsense because $70 has been the 512GB price since last autumn 2019. Now, if you had said the 1TB was $70, that would have been a great deal!

Does anyone fact-check "great deals" these days? Have you ever heard of camelcamelcamel.com ? smh (yawn)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Umm, is this a lame publicity gimmick? First of all, your link goes to Amazon, not Best Buy. Secondly, and most importantly, your mention of "the 512GB version of this blazing fast drive is now selling for a nice $69.99 " is nonsense because $70 has been the 512GB price since last autumn 2019. Now, if you had said the 1TB was $70, that would have been a great deal!

Does anyone fact-check "great deals" these days? Have you ever heard of camelcamelcamel.com ? smh (yawn)

come on now this is not some kind of tom's hardware conspiracy. they are just looking at what is advertised and sharing what they learned. as i posted above, i agree with it being kind of deceptive from the seller since we know what "normal" prices really are, but i like that tom's posts deals when they find them. i've gotten a number of items after the heads up here on this site. cut em some slack and point out the obvious without getting all personal and accusatory about it!!

Reactions: King_V