Question Out of ideas, please help. Computer randomly restarting and sometimes various BSOD. Stumped and frustrated.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Brand new computer, about 6 months old. Last couple weeks i've had issues with my computer randomly restarting and sometimes getting BSOD, various errors.

I've done memtest twice, no errors both times. Just finished a FurMark test and no crashes. Which is why i'm very very stuck and I don't understand what else it could be.

I'm assuming a hardware failure of some sorts. Done some research since the FurMark test and it seems it could be PSU or the PSU isn't giving the right amount of power? But i don't understand why the FurMark passed at high stress.

I am just stumped and i'm getting very frustrated with things. I got a new computer to prevent this fun stuff.

PC - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KmctrV

I wiped my computer a couple times, I thought maybe software issues, but the problems persisted. I've also switched ram slots, same issues. i did a scv test and it came back with corrupted file and fixed them, problem persisted. (Was recommended after the BSOD)

Edit - Forgot to mention I am getting random FPS drops in various games. Mainly playing PoE atm and I get FPS drops at both intense and seemingly nothing events. With this build it makes no sense I should be getting any severe FPS drops.

Colif

Win 11 Master
not sure its worth looking at it.

Maybe if you still get BSOD on new Motherboard we will start a new thread so we can get more people to look.
that and we will probably test everything again. Just to see what we missed this time.

Having read parts of the thread. You mentioned there shop didn’t get any blue screens. They would probably not have plugged anything in except mouse and keyboard maybe some old headphones or speakers. You mentioned that your headphones dongle made your pc blue screen some. Maybe try an old set of headphones or speakers, even if you pick up a little 5 dollar or 10 pair of headphones to try. Just would be curious with only mouse, keyboard and other headphones connected eBay happens.

Same with mouse and keyboard since likely they have a set they keep as spare to use. At least I did when I worked on repairing PCs as a side gig.

Reactions: Colif
Appreciate the next input. I have removed using the dongle and now use my headset plugged through an AUX on a passthrough from my keyboard. Definitely since removing the dongle I have gotten WAY less crashes. But I have replaced the keyboard, and the mouse now (as of yesterday i got a wireless mouse) and I received that BSOD and a crash. If you think the issue with the headset could still be happening through the AUX i'll try just removing them completely. The issue just seems so random so i feel if the shop didn't get any crashes, it doesn't necessarily mean there's no problem, i think anyways. Hopefully get to the bottom of this very soon. Hope it's the motherboard =\

Colif

Win 11 Master
that is problem with random errors. It makes them hard to figure out. especially if they don't happen all the time and PC is fine 99% of time. I have been through that twice with peripherals failing and its why I know I already mentioned it here. But I wasn't even getting BSOD.

Problem with motherboards is there is no other way to be sure besides use another one. So it could be it or it might be that AUX you mention. Hope its motherboard too.

Guess who's back!!!!!!!! Officially replaced my mother board yesterday and today I got the same usual $#@!ing crash. I'm so lost now. My next thinking is it has to be the effing video card. Having nvidia driver issues, having more crashes on games like wow rather than league. Even though crashes seem to also happen just randomly not playing anything.

Something interesting though is I was just playing a game, it crashed, then about 45 minutes later it crashed while on desktop. Idk if that means anything but yeah.

Honestly guys wtf do i do now? Do i replace video card and see? I'm so effing defeated and demoralized and upset that the issue is still here.... that leaves processor and video card right?

Maybe there's a test I should run longer? Idk. Basically tell me what to do and i'll do it at this point. I'm so crushed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would make a new thread and link to this one. Its too long now to expect very few others to join in. Someone might spot what everyone else has missed until now.

That was always risk with the motherboard, there are no tests so there was no way to prove it wasn't problem. Apart from by using another one.

if you shows us specs again and a link to the last few dump files for the BSOD you still getting, we see what we can do.

An alternative is to ask on here as clearly we aren't getting anywhere - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/forums/bsod-kernel-dump-analysis-debugging-information.27/
I'll have to check this out. I've just been so exhausted with the issues and frustrated i haven't done much. just kind of lived with it.

I'll have to check out the link and find the energy to make another post. I was going to legit just replace the video card but video card prices are INSANE right now so. I read estimated to come down in 2022? So yay..

Last edited: