Out of the ordinary ideas

control

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I'm looking for ideas pre build that don't normally get covered. Front bezel ideas, best places to put temperature sensors, the best software or hardware to manage the sensors. Basically stuff that if chosen needs considered now.
The parts for the system I'm building will arrive in a week or so. One option I was looking at was the Antec Veris Multimedia station as I have 2 5.25" drives free.

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Case
Antec HCG-900 High Current Gaming PSU
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 DDR3 Intel 1155pin Motherboard
Intel i7-2600K
Antec Kuhler H20 620 Water Cooling CPU Cooler
2 x Gigabyte 1GB 6850 PCI-E VGA Cards setup crossfire
G.Skill DDR3 2133 Ripjaws-X 8G (4Gx2)
Patriot INFERNO 2.5" 60GB SATA2 SSD Solid State Drive
2 x Pioneer SATA 219L BK OEM DVD RW Drives
Microsoft MS Windows 7 Pro 64bit
2 x Seagate 3.5" Barracuda Green 2TB SATA3 Drives

Thanks in advance

Solution
I probably should have solicited the same advice. My Kazi master pro came with 6 temp sensosr. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but here is were I placed them:

one on the top of a hard drive
one free hanging but not touching anything near my read exhaust fan to measure heat being removed
one on the CPU heatsink near the CPU - I have not idea why i just had an extra
one taped the my GPU but hanging near the intake fan
on taped to the ram heatsink - isn't working out well
one pokes out the back of my case and dangles right at the GPU exhaust.

I have one more somewhere, but I don't remember where. LOL

for all that it worth the only one that I ever really cared about was the one near the GPU as it told me the relative...

jerreddredd

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I probably should have solicited the same advice. My Kazi master pro came with 6 temp sensosr. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but here is were I placed them:

one on the top of a hard drive
one free hanging but not touching anything near my read exhaust fan to measure heat being removed
one on the CPU heatsink near the CPU - I have not idea why i just had an extra
one taped the my GPU but hanging near the intake fan
on taped to the ram heatsink - isn't working out well
one pokes out the back of my case and dangles right at the GPU exhaust.

I have one more somewhere, but I don't remember where. LOL

for all that it worth the only one that I ever really cared about was the one near the GPU as it told me the relative temp of the inside of the case. the CPU and GPU have the own temp sensor that can be monitored from the desktop via software. GPU-Z and CPU-Z are good little programs

also the temp sensor tape doesn't' stick well. I supplemented with black electrical tape.

Solution