Question Outdoor display for Raspberry Pi

Dec 18, 2020
So, I have an art project I want to do in which I have a display in my front yard that would display two numerical digits.

oA Raspberry Pi (or Arduino if I must) would be ideal for this and I know I can do the coding. Plugging it into AC is ok, although solar would be super. Anyway, the problem is that I need a weatherproof display. E-ink would be ideal but an RGB grid or even an LCD/LED display will be fine. I've found a bunch of displays, but either they are in the hundreds of dollars or don't have an exterior case. Any thoughts?

kanewolf

Titan
So, I have an art project I want to do in which I have a display in my front yard that would display two numerical digits.

oA Raspberry Pi (or Arduino if I must) would be ideal for this and I know I can do the coding. Plugging it into AC is ok, although solar would be super. Anyway, the problem is that I need a weatherproof display. E-ink would be ideal but an RGB grid or even an LCD/LED display will be fine. I've found a bunch of displays, but either they are in the hundreds of dollars or don't have an exterior case. Any thoughts?
Have you looked at programmable Christmas light panels ? I don't know about price, but they would do everything you want.

Reactions: catbiscuits