Question Outlook 2016 Emails Sitting in Outbox

jasonlutes2001

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Good Day All!

I hope this is the appropriate forum for an Outlook 2016 running on Windows 10 question. Anyways.. here it goes..

My company changed from an on-premises exchange server to exchange online/outlook 365 around 6 months ago. For the most part everything is running great. However, recently there have been more and more users complaining of emails sitting in the outbox for several minutes at a time. If they go and force a send/receive, the emails send. All users are set to have exchange cached mode and the group policies appear to be hitting the PCs and working. Also, the "send immediately" option in the advanced part of outlook options is set. Having said that, no OST file is being created. When I go to look at the data file associated with the outlook account, it says "online". There is not OST file path.

It didn't start that way when we switched over. For some odd reason users are reporting this recently. I have even gone as far as shortened the sync times with group policy to only allow 5 seconds before it sends from the outbox, but that doesn't work either. I need some guidance. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason