Outlook Express help

Hi,
I am wondering how I can set up a filter that will not let me view any
emails which are not addressed to me (spam).
I have tried looking in the message rules but cannot find out how to have it
set up to do this.
I just don't want to view any emails which are not addressed to me and have
them go automatically into my deleted folder.
I don't want to run any antispam software.

Any help would be appreciated big time.

GumbyLives

All email has been scanned with the latest Norton Antivirus

On Mon, 31 May 2004 20:34:20 GMT, GumbyLives wrote:

> Hi,
> I am wondering how I can set up a filter that will not let me view any
> emails which are not addressed to me (spam).
> I have tried looking in the message rules but cannot find out how to have it
> set up to do this.
> I just don't want to view any emails which are not addressed to me and have
> them go automatically into my deleted folder.
> I don't want to run any antispam software.
>
> Any help would be appreciated big time.
>
> GumbyLives

1) You do not receive email unless it is addressed to you. Spam is
addressed to you and 2000 other people.

2) There is no foolproof set of message rules that avoids all spam. There
are many sites that discuss rules that some have found to be effective and
there is third party software to help cutdown on the amount of spam that
makes it to your inbox. A search on google will uncover pages on the topic
of message rules and links to software to try such as mailwasher.

3) Message rules: May want to take a reverse approach by using message
rules to filter the mail that you do want into specific folders. Siphon the
rest to a folder named "other junk" or to the deleted folder. Occasionally,
check the email that didn't make it through to see if a wanted email was
misdirected. Adjust message rules to accommodate email from that person.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User