Ouya Console Launch Delayed By Three Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

beta212

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
They must be kidding, it's 2013, the tegra 3 offers 12 GFLOP of performance and costs 100$. And now they add a delay. Even the raspberry pi does double that.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
@beta212 You do have a point about the price/performance ratio of the Ouya, $100 for 12 GFLOPS is pretty terrible, when you can get the 240 GFLOP 360 for $200 (rumored to drop to $100-150 when the 720 launches). I have no interest in most of the games that have been revealed for it so far, the only value it would hold for me is for emulating older consoles. Supposedly they plan to release a new model every year, maybe I'll get a later model once they actually get the GFLOPS high enough for decent 3D graphics.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
OUYA will be able to leverage success from previous generation to build higher performance ASICs that maximize the performance they are looking for in their system, all while keeping the ecosystem extremely appealing to developers. It is understandable that the first generation doesn't have great performance because they have no leverage over their chip suppliers. However, I still bought one because I think it will serve as a great media portal and play basic games, without needing to pay subscriptions (xbox live), or deal with closed systems (playstation)

mynith

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
@beta212: Are you sure? A friend of mine has a Pi, and it's a very useful little machine, but performance is really nothing to write home about. Unless you are talking graphics performance. That's actually really not that bad for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.