Ouya Ships Developer Ahead of Official Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]nix327[/nom]and it is really small too.what kind of performance is expected from an ouya?[/citation]

well it runs on the tegra 3, and I have the ASUS infinity and Nexus 7 both with this chip, and the graphics on some of the properly optimized games blew me away, a few of the games are up there with your average console game, and thats before the mass optimizations this machine will have for gaming

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
It has an ARM Cortex-9 & Nvidia Tegra 3 with 1gb RAM with 1080P output. Anything you can play on your phone this should handle. Especially since it's UI is Android based.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]m32[/nom]Is that how the Ouya console is going to look? I don't know why, but aesthetically, it's to my liking.[/citation]
its tiny, like a rubix cube

acktionhank

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I'm buying one as a streaming machine and for the interesting games i know Indie develops are going to make for this.

That and I'll support a great idea for $100.

I guess it's designed to capitalize on the casual game movement, which seems to be where it's at right now. Everybody is so into Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Plants vs Zombies, and Farmville that I guess it made sense to develop a game console specifically for playing "those" type of games. That said, in the meantime I'll stick to proper games (e.g. Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Witcher 2 etc) and give this system a giant miss, but like I said, the global sales of Angry Birds don't lie - it IS what a LOT of people are clamouring to play right now.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]I guess it's designed to capitalize on the casual game movement, which seems to be where it's at right now. Everybody is so into Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Plants vs Zombies, and Farmville that I guess it made sense to develop a game console specifically for playing "those" type of games. That said, in the meantime I'll stick to proper games (e.g. Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Witcher 2 etc) and give this system a giant miss, but like I said, the global sales of Angry Birds don't lie - it IS what a LOT of people are clamouring to play right now.[/citation]
If this console is aimed at any kind of game, it ISNT aimed at any of those games you mentioned. If anything this is aimed at the hardcore mobile market of android games. what exactly makes far cry 3, skyrim, and witcher 2 more "proper games" than chrono trigger, final fantasy, and bards tale on android?

Status
Not open for further replies.