Over Current have been detected on your usb device!! System will shutdown after 15 seconds to protect your mainboard!!

BackupPineapple

Honorable
Jan 11, 2015
Okay so I got this error when I turned on my computer today. I've never seen this error before so I read some threads on people who had a similar issue. The clear cut answer for most people seemed to be to disconnect the front panel usb from the motherboard, as it may be the culprit. So I did this and booted up my computer, and still I found that the error was showing up.

Next, some other thread said clearing the CMOS could help, so I carefully did that, and I still get this same error.

In addition I also checked every USB port on my motherboard and front panel to see if they were mangled or crooked: doesnt seem like it.

Finally, I went through and read my computer case, and motherboards instruction manual to see if maybe there was a wire connected incorrectly, doesn't seem like it.

So, does anyone have any idea what the problem could be here, has my motherboard kicked the bucket, or is there possibly a deeper problem with my system?

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI H81m-e33
CPU: Intel i5 4590
GPU: Geforce GTX 960
Case: CM Storm Stryker
Other: 8gb ram, 1tbHDD

Solution
Hi
Try with no USB devices connected.
If you still get overcurrent,try disconnecting the front panel USB connector from the motherboard.
If you still get overcurrent ,carefully inspect each rear USB socket to ensure none of the contacts is bent and shorting.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Try with no USB devices connected.
If you still get overcurrent,try disconnecting the front panel USB connector from the motherboard.
If you still get overcurrent ,carefully inspect each rear USB socket to ensure none of the contacts is bent and shorting.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS