[SOLVED] Over current have been detected on your USB device!!

Jan 1, 2019
Hello, I got the problem from the title above. Ok, to get a couple of thins straight, the PC I am building is brand new with first hand parts, I took good care of how to assemble it in order to not brake anything by accident. The thing is when I try to start it up, I get the message "Over current have been detected on your USB devices" and that it will shut down the PC in 15 seconds. I tried everything, disconected anything I had in the USB's ( mouse and keyboard), disconected the front USB's from the case, nothing works. Just a small thing to add up, it actually works to keep my computer open but If I plug my video card in her slot, than I get this error. Pls don't tell me my mother board is broken... is brand new and paid a decent amount of money for it... The motherboard is a MSI b450 Gaming Plus, the PSU is Gamdias Astrape M1 650B, 80+ Bronze, 650W

P.S: I checked to see if the USB's have physical and they seem to look fine... note that I only get the error when I put the GPU in her slot and it can't be the GPU's fault because I tried with another GPU just to make shure..

Solution
Unless one of your friends and the random commenters online used high-end testing equipment, none of this is a review or even useful. Never buy a PSU unless it's either received a professional teardown-and-review or the platform it's on has been. And that will involve this:

JGTesting2.jpg

If it doesn't, it's not a review. If you buy blind, it has to be from a brand/manufacturer with a *long* history of reputable power supplies.
Jan 1, 2019

I don't think is the PSU at cause... I mean it was recommended to me by one of my friends and I also tested in on another PC just in case and it worked just fine... plus I read some reviews on the internet about it and most people where saying nice things about it... hmm... I'll see if I can borrow a PSU to see if the problem persist or not

Jan 1, 2019
will do, plus the mobo is prety new so in the worst case scenario I will send it back to the shop along with the PSU to have the experts check it and see if something is truly wrong

I got this same error message when building a new machine when I had a USB port to case socket cable plugged in wrong. It was one with two ports in one cable/plug. I just had to rotate it 180* and it worked fine after that.

Also make sure you don't have the socket that attaches to the mobo misaligned by one pin right or left.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Unless one of your friends and the random commenters online used high-end testing equipment, none of this is a review or even useful. Never buy a PSU unless it's either received a professional teardown-and-review or the platform it's on has been. And that will involve this:

JGTesting2.jpg

If it doesn't, it's not a review. If you buy blind, it has to be from a brand/manufacturer with a *long* history of reputable power supplies.

Solution
Jan 1, 2019

I get what you are saying but I mean... it's certified at least, there are PSU on the market that are not even certified so... but I undertand, will be more carefull next time