[SOLVED] overclock an fx 8320

Oct 17, 2020
Hello,im trying to overclock and fx 8320 cpu whit 16gb ram(hyperX) on M5A97 R2.0 to atleast 4ghz or 4.3
I need suggestion whit bios configs,at this moment i have it whit 3,8 ghz on psu from high power whit 750w. Thanks anticipated

Solution
idk exactly i buy it from secound hand but i have it on 100% whit 4500RPM, How about an 1.4 voltage maybe?

you mean i should put more voltage?
No. The motherboard uses a weak 4+2 vrm design. It is not as bad as others as it does have a hestsink but there is a chance the vrm's will overheat and throttle the cpu. You can try but take small steps and lookout for the cpu speed dropping. Adding more voltage would make it worse if it starts to happen.
Hello,im trying to overclock and fx 8320 cpu whit 16gb ram(hyperX) on M5A97 R2.0 to atleast 4ghz or 4.3
I need suggestion whit bios configs,at this moment i have it whit 3,8 ghz on psu from high power whit 750w. Thanks anticipated
Which CPU cooler ? On OEM one you won't get far.
OC is straight forward, just raise multiplier a notch and test, when it gets unstable raise voltage a notch etc. until you hit heat limits.

Oct 17, 2020
Which CPU cooler ? On OEM one you won't get far.
OC is straight forward, just raise multiplier a notch and test, when it gets unstable raise voltage a notch etc. until you hit heat limits.
idk exactly i buy it from secound hand but i have it on 100% whit 4500RPM, How about an 1.4 voltage maybe?
With that motherboard overclocking is likely to be very limited without running into VRM issues.

No. The motherboard uses a weak 4+2 vrm design. It is not as bad as others as it does have a hestsink but there is a chance the vrm's will overheat and throttle the cpu. You can try but take small steps and lookout for the cpu speed dropping. Adding more voltage would make it worse if it starts to happen.

Solution