Overclock boot fail?

hizten

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
So I was fooling around with some overclock settings in my BIOS, and everything is going fine. But then when one time I hit my CPU's ceiling and my system went back to reboot. So I waited and reset all my BIOS settings to default, and proceeded to boot my PC. Now it will not load windows 7 and it's telling me that I don't have a boot device anymore.
Any ideas?

Solution
Overclocking beyond the cpu capacity might corrupt your system. You might have to reinstall windows. Before trying to boot again, disconnect the power cord from the psu and press the power button to completely discharge, wait a minute or so before plugging it back in and turning it on.

In your bios check your harddrive settings, resetting the bios might cause your bios not to have the right configuration for your harddrive to be booted from. Set your bios settings and reboot.

hizten

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
Nevermind, I solved my own problem. When I reset all my settings in BIOS it reverted one of my HDD's to boot over the one that had windows installed on it.

Overclocking beyond the cpu capacity might corrupt your system. You might have to reinstall windows. Before trying to boot again, disconnect the power cord from the psu and press the power button to completely discharge, wait a minute or so before plugging it back in and turning it on.

In your bios check your harddrive settings, resetting the bios might cause your bios not to have the right configuration for your harddrive to be booted from. Set your bios settings and reboot.

Solution