[SOLVED] Overclock RAM but HOW MUCH!?

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
Hello, I currently have 2 8gb ram = 16gb overall, when i go to task manager, it says the speed of the ram is 1067, my cpu is a ryzen 5 2600, is it safe to overclock my ram? I wanted to know how much I can overclock it like to what number, for example 2933 or maybe a little less or more? What do you think i should overclock it too?
Thanks

Solution
I just overclocked it, I changed it to [profile 2] which was 2933 which was the highest it said it can go, my speed in the beginning before the change was 1067MHz now its 1467Mhz, is that supposed to be like that?
Yes, 2x1467MHz= 2934MHz.
So yes, your ram is running at 2934MHz now.
It was running at 2133mhz before (2x1067MHz), so you should see some change.
For the good ofcourse.

Lutfij

Titan
Are both sticks the same? The way you've mentioned them, it's as if they are mixed and match sticks of ram. What is the make and model of the ram kit(if they are indeed from a kit)? What motherboard are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard?

As to your question, the mileage for overclocking will vary from system to system. SOmetimes people are granted a good sample and they can clock higher with less power input or they can tighten timings without the need to adjust voltage.

This is why I was asking for your specs.

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
Are both sticks the same? The way you've mentioned them, it's as if they are mixed and match sticks of ram. What is the make and model of the ram kit(if they are indeed from a kit)? What motherboard are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard?

As to your question, the mileage for overclocking will vary from system to system. SOmetimes people are granted a good sample and they can clock higher with less power input or they can tighten timings without the need to adjust voltage.

This is why I was asking for your specs.
They are both from a ram kit, (same ram) AEGIS RAM DDR4-3000
Motherboard is B450 Tomahawk, SMBIOS VERSION 2.8
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Last edited:
I just overclocked it, I changed it to [profile 2] which was 2933 which was the highest it said it can go, my speed in the beginning before the change was 1067MHz now its 1467Mhz, is that supposed to be like that?
Yes, 2x1467MHz= 2934MHz.
So yes, your ram is running at 2934MHz now.
It was running at 2133mhz before (2x1067MHz), so you should see some change.
For the good ofcourse.

Solution