Discussion Overclocked memory and now i cant get my pc to post ?

Mattyr38

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 6, 2023
I overclocked kingston fury beast 3200mhz cl16 to 3600mhz and 1.35v to 1.4v on a gigabyte b550m ds3h and I can get a post now ?

I have 4 skicks of ram 2x2 dual channel. I have tryed them in every slot and once here and there a get a post with odd sticks in odd slots ?

Same problem on 2 separate b550 motherboards I have tryed ?

Any ideas people please ?

I have done a cmoss reset both with the 2 pin on the b550m and the b550 a pro

Based on the info provided, you likely have bad DIMMs; however, it's worth mentioning that improper CMOS clearing can cause POST failure. Did you unplug the PSU from the wall before clearing CMOS? If you didn't, this could be the reason your motherboards don't POST.

Reactions: Mattyr38

Mattyr38

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 6, 2023
Thanks for the reply
I turned off the pc via the case power button held for 20 seconds
Unplugged the power suply & removed cmos battery for 5min/10min/30/45/1hour/24hours still no post?

In the past, this has worked for me each and every overclock attempt on these 2 motherboards?

I got 1 of the 4 sticks to post to bios once, then it was in chineese?? Then when I tryed to boot to windows it

Mattyr38

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 6, 2023
No mem ok button .
I do have de bug led cpu/vga/ram/boot
When I switch it on the cpu light lights up as if it was starting the boot cycle then nothing? Does not cycle to the other led indicators like usual?

I got 1 of the 4 sticks to post once in slot 1 after trying each stick in each slot 3x each as a testing process?

The same problem on 2 motherboards