News Overclocker hits 1000+ fps in Counter Strike 2 - Intel 14900k CPU, RTX 4090 GPU, and liquid nitrogen deliver frame-ripping performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting. I guess active cooling on PCie 5 SSDs is necessary after all. (for extreme overclocking)
It is, but who'd have thought a piece of hardware with no moving parts can get so high as to impact performance. lots of 5.0 SSDs get really hot under normal usage. I don't get it how the temps could increase so much between 3.0 and 5.0 PCIe devices. Nuts

Reactions: PEnns and Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I don't get it how the temps could increase so much between 3.0 and 5.0 PCIe devices. Nuts
Well since PCIE 5 SSDs are hitting 10GB/s (or more) it may require new more powerful controllers to actually be able to reach those speeds. That comes with a higher power draw, thus more cooling is needed to tame these drives. I still think it is ridiculous since my Samsung 980 pro gets up to maybe 40C under load with the mobo heatsink for cooling. I don't understand how going from the 7GB/s of PCIE 4 to the 12GB/s of PCIe leads to such a huge increase in temps.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Well since PCIE 5 SSDs are hitting 10GB/s (or more) it may require new more powerful controllers to actually be able to reach those speeds. That comes with a higher power draw, thus more cooling is needed to tame these drives. I still think it is ridiculous since my Samsung 980 pro gets up to maybe 40C under load with the mobo heatsink for cooling. I don't understand how going from the 7GB/s of PCIE 4 to the 12GB/s of PCIe leads to such a huge increase in temps.
Yup, I hear ya!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
There was no monitor that could satisfy him, because, and I speculate now, but, I am pretty sure THIS was the guy:

F-1u8LEWwAATgNy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.