Overclocker Pushes Intel's Celeron D to 8.20 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjkucia

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]obiown77[/nom]YES!!! THIS CELERON WILL PLAY CRYSIS!!![/citation]

With the proper graphics, it actually would.

vulcan900

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
TiN did not provide benchmarks to show how well the CPU performed at such a high frequency

May be its because of the instability at such frequencies. Also i really don't think it can even beat a core i7 processor.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]jescott418[/nom]Who cares? Its a Celeron at any speed![/citation]
They might have gotten the speed to record highs but GHz doesn't mean much when it's still a Celeron. Would've been much more impressive if they put that effort into an i7 or at least Core 2 generation.

fatkid35

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
just another case of dressing up a pig in a skirt. i can make a 1977 cutlass supreme go 300 mph with a rocket straped to it. so what! still an unusable piece of hardware.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
How much money do nerds make overclocking CPUs like this?
To me, it's pretty pointless. Today, in real life situations, you'll probably never us a CPU overclocked that high. 4.0~4.2 Ghz is probably the norm for daily extreme overclockers. I have mine set around 3.6~4.0Ghz daily.

itrendslave

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Yeah... I don't really see the point in "recreational overclocking". You can run that bad boy for 15 minutes before your liquid nitrogen stock is fresh out... then what? Back to 3.X or 4.XGHz, inevitably -- some stable speed that can be supported by regular water cooling.

...plus, it's still a celeron. He should upgrade his name to "PlatinuM" and step up to some core 2's.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]How much money do nerds make overclocking CPUs like this?To me, it's pretty pointless. Today, in real life situations, you'll probably never us a CPU overclocked that high. 4.0~4.2 Ghz is probably the norm for daily extreme overclockers. I have mine set around 3.6~4.0Ghz daily.[/citation]It shows dedication and talent. People admire this and this guy obviously enjoys the kudos he gets from doing it. It's exciting!

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]How much money do nerds make overclocking CPUs like this?To me, it's pretty pointless. Today, in real life situations, you'll probably never us a CPU overclocked that high. 4.0~4.2 Ghz is probably the norm for daily extreme overclockers. I have mine set around 3.6~4.0Ghz daily.[/citation]

It's not about making money, it's his hobby. Just the same as car modification.

Kudos! But not that much 'cause its just a single core. If this is done for a quad core then all I can say is "Oh hell yeah!".

Status
Not open for further replies.