News Overclockers Hit 1006 FPS on Doom Eternal Using Liquid Nitrogen

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
In practice, there is of course very little point to this exercise, except to prove that it can be done. No monitor is capable of displaying anywhere near 1000 FPS, and you wouldn't be able to see the difference anyway if one could.

Give it time. There will be people who will claim they CAN tell the difference and insist on the benefits of such refresh rates.

Reactions: Phaaze88

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Instant fps on the black wall at the edge of the level? Oh, c'mon. What was average in a game?

I think that's the more interesting question. What's the average performance in Doom Eternal when a 2080Ti and a 9700K are pushed to their ABSOLUTE limits. How does it compare to the same hardware when its at its stock settings? Is it worth using a custom built LN2 loop as your primary cooling solution or should I just stick with a Noctua fan?

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Instant fps on the black wall at the edge of the level? Oh, c'mon. What was average in a game?
Seemed around 400+ so far from 1000 and that was with "all graphics settings were set as low as they could go". I would consider the challenge to be completed if it they could get the frame rate to be over 1000 and at the highest setting.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Give it time. There will be people who will claim they CAN tell the difference and insist on the benefits of such refresh rates.
That is when you setup a test, one that shows a 144 fps on a 144 hz screen and one that shows "1000 fps" on a 144 hz screen. Of course make sure the 1000 fps is just window dressing and it is actually running at the same 144 hz, if they can "see" the difference then you know they are lying.