Overclocking 7700k on a Asus B250m-a and can't set CPU ratio limit higher than 45

Aug 3, 2018
This is my first time OCing any components so I am a total amateur. I have read a lot of guides and threads, but none seems to step through every setting in the ASUS bio with detail.

I would love to know exactly what power saving settings to turn off. I turn off most everything under CPU power management.

My only options for Overclocking are "Auto" and "XMP" but from what I've read I think there should be a manual option.

I set it to XMP and then set my CPU voltage to "Offset" since under "manual" it doesnt even let me change the voltage value box...

In offset I set + and .115v to bump the total voltage from 1.15v to 1.265v.

I think set the cores to "Sync All" and type in 48, and the BIOS automatically kicks it back to 45. So it wont let me set the frequency higher than 45. Not sure the issue.

With OC on auto, which is what I've had on by default, my CPU clocked in at 4.4GHz out of the box. With OC set to XMP and the cpu frequency set to 45, the CPU clocks in at 4.2GHz. So clear I am doing something wrong.

Anyone here OC a 7700k on a B250m-a? Would love to see your full settings and welcome any pointers!

My goal is to OC to 5.0GHz and keep the temps below 70c.

Aug 3, 2018

Greaaat. [strike]Xxxx[/strike] me.

<MODERATOR EDIT>

PROFANITY IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AND IS A BANNING OFFENSE!
TOM'S IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY WEBSITE
WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!