Overclocking a Celeron n3060?

adamg9614

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
Hello, I found an old laptop under my desk and decided to clean and get the old thing working like new again. Then I started lowspecgaming on it as a fun hobby, but the cpu keeps bottlenecking the FPS, i heard it could be software overclocked but know not the software, can anyone help?

Solution
You overclock the CPU in a laptop, and start gaming on it, and you will be looking for a new laptop in about a month. Even without the demands of gaming it will still not likely last long. It will NOT have sufficient cooling capability to keep it cool, even IF you manage to get it overclocked, which is doubtful. If you value the laptop AT ALL, then don't bother.

Laptop cooling systems are designed to be barely capable enough for the EXACT TDP that they were designed for, nothing more. Usually, barely adequate for the intended configuration.
You overclock the CPU in a laptop, and start gaming on it, and you will be looking for a new laptop in about a month. Even without the demands of gaming it will still not likely last long. It will NOT have sufficient cooling capability to keep it cool, even IF you manage to get it overclocked, which is doubtful. If you value the laptop AT ALL, then don't bother.

Laptop cooling systems are designed to be barely capable enough for the EXACT TDP that they were designed for, nothing more. Usually, barely adequate for the intended configuration.

Solution