[SOLVED] Overclocking Asus ROG Strix 1070 Ti

blurreJel

Reputable
Mar 26, 2017
I've been trying to overclock my 1070ti but for some reason, the only maximum core clock I can oc to is 110 and a 345 memory clock. I've been doing some research on how to overclock it and most oc's i've seen have atleast 180-200 core clock and 450-500 memory clock. There are even times I get random fps drops (not always) while playing (and i mostly only play valorant and rainbow six siege which runs at around 140-210fps with an average of about 170fps which i believe should be higher based on the reviews I found and gameplays with the same processor and gpu).

I can't seem to figure out how to do an oc on this. I test the oc on Heaven Benchmark and once I oc it above 110 core clock and 345 mem clock it just crashes so i guess it's unstable at that oc.

Is there any way I can get a stable overclock that's higher than the current one I have? I really think it's not the maximum oc my gpu can get.

OC on MSI Afterburner:
Power Limit: 120
Temp Limit: 92
Core Clock: +110
Memory Clock: +345
Fan speed: Custom

Build:
144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (oc at 4.2Ghz)
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb 3200Mhz (2x8gb)
MSI B450 Mortar Titanium
Asus ROG Strix Geforce GT 1070TI 8gb
Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W 80+ White
Cryorig H7 Plus Dual Fan CPU Cooler

Solution
Silicon lottery. I had a i5-3570k that would not OC and stay stable at 4.4GHz even with 1.55v, but would do 4.3GHz on basically stock settings with 1.08v, when everyone else was getting at least 4.5-4.6GHz easily. Also had an i7-3770K that would hit 5.0GHz in the same pc at 1.4v, 4.6GHz at 1.114v.

Some ppl just get the small percentage of barely able binned chips, some ppl get lucky with Golden chips.
Hey there,

Have you tried the OC scanner in MSI? See what results you get with that, and if it's stable. I've read an article in the last few days that has suggested the scanner often works better than a manual OC. Personally I manually OC my own, but admittedly, have very similar results with the OC scanner.

blurreJel

Reputable
Mar 26, 2017
Hey there,

Have you tried the OC scanner in MSI? See what results you get with that, and if it's stable. I've read an article in the last few days that has suggested the scanner often works better than a manual OC. Personally I manually OC my own, but admittedly, have very similar results with the OC scanner.

Hi!

Yes, I did try it but the max memory clock I could get with the OC scanner was +130 with 100% core voltage. I used this Overclock Nvidia GPU easily with MSI OC Scanner - Pascal, Turing & Ampere GPUs guide on youtube on how to use the OC Scanner in MSI. I still get about the same results. Could this be the maximum oc my gpu can get? It's a little weird considering most Asus ROG Strix 1070ti I found could be oc'd higher than what I currently have.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Silicon lottery. I had a i5-3570k that would not OC and stay stable at 4.4GHz even with 1.55v, but would do 4.3GHz on basically stock settings with 1.08v, when everyone else was getting at least 4.5-4.6GHz easily. Also had an i7-3770K that would hit 5.0GHz in the same pc at 1.4v, 4.6GHz at 1.114v.

Some ppl just get the small percentage of barely able binned chips, some ppl get lucky with Golden chips.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution