i5-4690k @ 46 cvolt 1.179
Coolermaster EVO 212 (Two Fans)
8 GB Ripjaw DDR3 Ram
Asus z97-a
Samsung Evo 850 500gb
GTX 970 MSI Gaming 4GB
EVGA 650W PS
3 Case Fans Two exhaust One intake

I was working on a stable vcore for x48 multiplier (@1.29v), during bench tests (realbench) temps about 70C, it bluescreened, was going to call it quits saved my progress, went to previous save of x46 multiplier, the one I have been using for several weeks and now my computer boots a few seconds slower. Never used to see the windows logo swirl together now I do evertime. Like I said only a few seconds slower but curious if this is something to do with the bluescreen even though I loaded a prior set of settings? Any insight would be appreciated.

Solution
you might consider running rammap.exe and clearing your working set or to look and see what is being pre loaded into inactive memory
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ff700229.aspx

I think you would take a look and see if you can figure out what was being loaded into standby memory. Something that you did not expect like a game you may have run that is on a slower hard drive. then use the empty menu item and start clearing the various lists and reboot.
Window will not have programs to preload for you on the next boot and should boot faster.

some virus scanners, streaming game software and firewall software also tend to do this and you can also figure it out via rammap if you take the time. For example, I just...
you might consider running rammap.exe and clearing your working set or to look and see what is being pre loaded into inactive memory
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ff700229.aspx

I think you would take a look and see if you can figure out what was being loaded into standby memory. Something that you did not expect like a game you may have run that is on a slower hard drive. then use the empty menu item and start clearing the various lists and reboot.
Window will not have programs to preload for you on the next boot and should boot faster.

some virus scanners, streaming game software and firewall software also tend to do this and you can also figure it out via rammap if you take the time. For example, I just looked at the file details and see that windows is preloading games from my slow e: drive and I have not used the game in over 3 months. you can see the details under the file details tab.

Solution

Steve Libby

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
Thank you. Looks like I have fun project when I get home from work tonight. I only have the one drive though, as I have a laptop with a 1tb HHD that serves my other needs (media, working, ect) this computer here is only gaming and experimenting with. I really appreciate your answer, learning so much through this. Now I don't feel like I messed something up with the tweaking of the BIOS settings.