overclocking error problem

culzone

Honorable
Apr 27, 2016
I have been overclocking for some time now and know pretty much about it.
There is one thing however that I do not understand, I can be fully stable 48 hours during prime95 small ffts v26.6 but when I restart my PC I get this screen which is blue and tells me my computer did not start correctly and resets my overclock. Here is picture of it: http://imgur.com/a/SpSQa Took the picture from google and this is the problem I have.
I always have to go into bios and set my overclock settings again and reset for it to start.
Suggestions? Solutions?

Solution

I think I have found the issue for me atleast, I use a 4790k @ 1.32v and overclocked ram with this aswell, 1.65v 2600mhz. When I change my cache frequency to 4.4ghz I run stable in prime for ages.. but the cache frequency makes my computer do this weird "reset" on startup. Just changed it back to default and my...

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016
I've had that to with 6900K and gigabyte X99 gaming 5P, but it was when I was using luxrender, 1st I thought it was PSU, but still happens even with evga 1600 t2, I'm not sure it was throttling because I use dual d5 pump with three 360 mm rad in push-pull, so I clean install Win10 just to be safe and cram all drivers+patches and even flashing BIOS, well still there, so I give up, downclock to 4GHz seem sort the matters.

culzone

Honorable
Apr 27, 2016

I think I have found the issue for me atleast, I use a 4790k @ 1.32v and overclocked ram with this aswell, 1.65v 2600mhz. When I change my cache frequency to 4.4ghz I run stable in prime for ages.. but the cache frequency makes my computer do this weird "reset" on startup. Just changed it back to default and my problems are over. I also tried changing my ram to default settings and the cache to 4.4ghz and that worked fine for some reason. Do you have overclocked cache aswell? and/or ram?

Solution

Mikel_4

Respectable
Oct 15, 2016

Never, tried RAM timing but not the result I was expected, I guess doesn't do much with 3000, so I revert to SPD because somehow felt like 6900K is doing everything.
I'm waiting for my project to complete than I'm looking to do some tweaking too with Z170X Ultra Gaming, if what you're experience is somehow related to cache speed then why gigy include it in the 1st place? must be nice to run 4.5 stable with just CPU, I'll post the result with steps (must be some kind of tutorial)