[SOLVED] Overclocking GeForce GTX 960M on Laptop 92c, Safe or No?

xxxbabyxxx

Reputable
Dec 4, 2020
Hello,

I'm desperately trying to currently use my old laptop to run a game (Warzone), It often gets so heated that I can feel the heat from below the desk.. 92°c

My Laptop Specs:
  • Windows 10 64-Bit
  • 16x Ram
  • i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Name: Lenovo Ideapad-Y700

I'm currently overclocking using MSIAfterburner:
Core Clock (MHz): +120
Memory Clock: +250

I've seen few tutorial videos on how to overclock and what's safe and where to stop.. however I seen that having your GPU at certain heat level is pretty dangerous for it to "be hot while youre overclocking". Am I Safe or should I change something?

Thank you!

Solution
Hello,

I'm desperately trying to currently use my old laptop to run a game (Warzone), It often gets so heated that I can feel the heat from below the desk.. 92°c

My Laptop Specs:
  • Windows 10 64-Bit
  • 16x Ram

I've seen few tutorial videos on how to overclock and what's safe and where to stop.. however I seen that having your GPU at certain heat level is pretty dangerous for it to "be hot while youre overclocking". Am I Safe or should I change something?

Thank you!

TBH, I wouldn't bother with OC that mobile GPU. The increase in performance...
Hello,

My Laptop Specs:
  • Windows 10 64-Bit
  • 16x Ram

Thank you!

TBH, I wouldn't bother with OC that mobile GPU. The increase in performance that you will see, is not worth the hassle, the heat or the fan noise. It's just not worth it.

If you think about it, laptops have a very defined thermal capability. They are not designed for OC, unless it's a high end laptop. The fans in your laptop are not designed to move more heat than anticipated. You may just burn out the GPU running an OC on it.

Solution