Overclocking Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What is overclocking? Why? Why not? Is overclocking immoral? Requirements, Goals, Techniques of overclocking. How can I find out, which bus speed my motherboard supports? Special Precautions for 75 and 83 MHz Bus Speed. Overclocking the Intel Pentium. Overclocking the Intel Pentium Pro. Overclocking the Cyrix/IBM 6x86. Overclocking the AMD K5. Overclocking Step by Step.

Overclocking Guide : Read more

G

I started reading it and got to " Pentium 120 to a Pentium 133." and realised the article is 13 years old, amazing!

mewithsfi

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
quotemsg=1553,1,1]What is overclocking? Why? Why not? Is overclocking immoral? Requirements, Goals, Techniques of overclocking. How can I find out, which bus speed my motherboard supports? Special Precautions for 75 and 83 MHz Bus Speed. Overclocking the Intel Pentium. Overclocking the Intel Pentium Pro. Overclocking the Cyrix/IBM 6x86. Overclocking the AMD K5. Overclocking Step by Step.

Overclocking Guide : Read more [/quotemsg]

Even though this article is 14 years old the basics are still the basics. Technology has changed alot since this post. Talking about a trip down memory lane. Thanks Tom

Overclocking to the EXTREME

G

overclocking generates a lot of heat, .i think that when you overclocked that processor it will cause a damage to mobo, because some of the pentium pro processor doesn't require heat sink?

mHonfy

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Yes, great Article! I still have my Pentium MMX 166Mhz @ 233Mhz in a Packard Bell Legend Tower Computer.
As far as I remember, there were 2 types of P1 166MMX processors. Only special types could be overclocked. Easy 233Mhz from 166Mhz.
Ages ago, when I got my 166MMX I swapped it to another one, and changed the jumper setting on my motherboard. My PC still runes @233Mhz. There is no heat generated although I applied a small fan over the silent heatsink. Good times! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.