Question Overclocking i5-11600k on H570 mobo.

FXingSerious

Honorable
Jan 15, 2016
Hello,

I am aware that the only chipset that allows overclocking the K models via multiplier are the Z series on Intel side. I went over the BIOS of my Asrock H570 Phantom Gaming 4, which is a cheap board and noticed it had the CPU Ratio setting available. Am I missing something? I was able to set it to 4.6 Ghz on BIOS but it wouldn't allow me to increase the ratio past 4.6.
Coming from AMD I have never encountered such restrictions unless you are using a really cheap motherboard like the 760G or the A320.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is likely a limitation of the board itself. They call that ability Base Frequency Boost. The board only specs 8 phase/50A power and I can tell you from personal experience that the 11600K is THIRSTY.

If you wish to OC more than that I suggest getting a quality Z series motherboard with very good VRM.

FXingSerious

Honorable
Jan 15, 2016
This is likely a limitation of the board itself. They call that ability Base Frequency Boost. The board only specs 8 phase/50A power and I can tell you from personal experience that the 11600K is THIRSTY.

If you wish to OC more than that I suggest getting a quality Z series motherboard with very good VRM.

I have seen this "Base Frequency Boost" feature in some Asrock boards. You can find it in the OC Tweaker section in the BIOS but mine doesn't have it. I am not really looking to overclock this CPU, I just want to know if motherboard manufacturers can independently allow users to overclock K models via multiplier even though Intel says H and B series can't overclock. Sorry I didn't made that clear.

FXingSerious

Honorable
Jan 15, 2016
Where I cannot quote the where and how, that restriction was 'lifted' to some degree with 5xx chipset (11th gen) likely as a helpful option towards selling them.

I am going to replace the mobo. I think I am going with the GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC. Also... I am currently using the Hyper 212 black edition and I am thinking about getting a Cooler Master MasterAir MA612 Stealth ARGB to replace it. What do you think?