Question Overclocking i9 9900 ks 5.2GHz

Jan 10, 2020
I build new PC 10 day’s ago, aorus z 390 master, i9 9900ks , Z Skill DDR4 4000 MHz cas 17, aorus rtx 2080 ti extrem Waterforce, aorus cooling system 360, Thermaltake 1200w . Overclocking my processor to 5.2 GHz and my gpu to 1890 mhz ( max speed 2050 mhz ) Memory clock 14.900 hrz. working but not stable, crashes during the long gaming session ( code error 64 , 66 ) . Running at 1.375 v ( in my bios 1.392v ) limit of acceptance for 24/7. Temperature not go over 65c when gaming . Gpu pass engines benchmark without problem on medium 1080 ( 30.000 points). Cpu aida 64 stress test 15 min ( temperature between 85-95c ) last try with fans sett on max and pump ventilator setting high performance. no cpu throttling overheating detected but on the edge. WHAT is the Magic Formula I am out of ideas Heeeelllllpppp

Jan 10, 2020
Thx bro. Do you think that I must to change something in BIOS as well or I continue to use hi voltage, uncore ratio (49) VCCIO and VCCSA 1.250, lodline calibration turbo.vaxg ph control ( extrem perf)

Jan 10, 2020
Nom I didn’t, All app never go to maximum potential . I not particularly need 5.2 but I would like to take maximum for my money. This setup was expensive one and I want everything what is technically possible. Now for one day everything seems normal. Boot is ok , mobo is stay with A0 ( no errors code) long gamins sessions ( 3-5h) twice a day . Of course Fortnite is not demanding game and I not running any have programs. Temperature stay stable between 55-65c . I always consider pc like human . He can adapt to any new setting or situation. AutoCorrection...

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
I just don't understand why people would go that far for oc.I got a good r5 2600 cpu i can clock it to 4.2ghz on 1.4v.Do I?No First it gives 10-15fps more not really worth it.Second my cpu's under warranty.Third .I would go for quality over quantity(Not meaning intel vs amd or w/e)I speak about my cpu should last me at least 5 years before i consider upgrading.I doubt it will last that long if i oc my cpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The difference between a maximum overclock and just a very decent OC is the amount of research you put into your bios. Visit asus ROG forums and read up on OC on those forums, there's a ton of info as you've got far more settings you can mess with and you'll see where ppl have tried this or that in order to get the most.

But read read read everything you can.

Jan 10, 2020
Y Bro , you are right about oc , warranty, etc.. My vision is different, maybe I am wrong but Ghz , Mhz can be high as possible if your temperature not exceeding 65c and your voltage not burn your components. This pc is made to support all this things for long time .

I build new PC 10 day’s ago, aorus z 390 master, i9 9900ks , Z Skill DDR4 4000 MHz cas 17, aorus rtx 2080 ti extrem Waterforce, aorus cooling system 360, Thermaltake 1200w . Overclocking my processor to 5.2 GHz and my gpu to 1890 mhz ( max speed 2050 mhz ) Memory clock 14.900 hrz. working but not stable, crashes during the long gaming session ( code error 64 , 66 ) . Running at 1.375 v ( in my bios 1.392v ) limit of acceptance for 24/7. Temperature not go over 65c when gaming . Gpu pass engines benchmark without problem on medium 1080 ( 30.000 points). Cpu aida 64 stress test 15 min ( temperature between 85-95c ) last try with fans sett on max and pump ventilator setting high performance. no cpu throttling overheating detected but on the edge. WHAT is the Magic Formula I am out of ideas Heeeelllllpppp
What memory type you have in that 2080 Ti? Samsung OC better, can reach 16800Mhz.

You won't go any higher on the CPU as 5.2Ghz is the most you can get, only about 1-2% reach 5.3Ghz.

Jan 10, 2020
I don’t know type of memory is in aorus rtx 2080 ti extrem waterforce.. I oc gpu memory from 14.000 hrz to 15.000hrz after that becomes instable. Of course my core clock is 1770 mhz oc to 1890 mhz in the aorus engine system but in reality work on 2040 mhz when heavy charged. Don know exactly why this numbers are bigger when I test my GPU. I am very happy if I can stay on 5.2 stable all cores.. the question is IF

I don’t know type of memory is in aorus rtx 2080 ti extrem waterforce.. I oc gpu memory from 14.000 hrz to 15.000hrz after that becomes instable. Of course my core clock is 1770 mhz oc to 1890 mhz in the aorus engine system but in reality work on 2040 mhz when heavy charged. Don know exactly why this numbers are bigger when I test my GPU. I am very happy if I can stay on 5.2 stable all cores.. the question is IF
You can see GPU memory type in GPUZ.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Prime95 small fft, disable all AVX. Run that for half an hour. That gives a 100% consistent cpu load that other temp testers do not. So you'll get the maximum your cpu will see in gaming. Some games do use a very small amount of AVX, but the difference is negligible as gaming temps will be well under max to begin with.

If you can keep Prime95 out of throttle temps, any game will be good.

zx128k

Reputable
Code 64, 66 is normally a cmos error and usually fixed by clearing cmos and disable fast startup/hibernation.

Can also be System Error Codes, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-

ERROR_NETNAME_DELETED
64 (0x40)
The specified network name is no longer available.

In the network level, this problem could be cause by:

Network connectivity problems have various causes, but they typically occur because of incorrect network adapters, incorrect switch settings, faulty hardware, or driver issues. Some connectivity symptoms are intermittent and do not clearly point to any one of these causes.

ERROR_BAD_DEV_TYPE
66 (0x42)
The network resource type is not correct.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winnetwk/nf-winnetwk-wnetaddconnectiona

What Causes Windows System Error Codes Errors Like Error 66?

The error can be caused by a variety of reasons. It is usually due to the system failing to properly run a program or application. It can be hardware or related to the installation or maintenance of Windows Operating System. Corrupted files, malfunctioned hardware, corrupted Registry, etc., can be the prime reasons for the occurrence of Windows System Errors.

http://www.registry-clean-up.net/kn...ystem-error-codes/error-66-error-bad-dev-type

5.2GHz would be rare to get stable at a decent voltage.
9900KS5.20GHz5.0GHz1.325VTop 4%
Source: - https://siliconlottery.com/pages/statistics

WNetGetResourceInformation

When provided with a remote path to a network resource, the WNetGetResourceInformation function identifies the network provider that owns the resource and obtains information about the type of the resource. If the function fails, the return value is a system error code, such as one of the following values.

Return code - Description
ERROR_BAD_NET_NAME - The input lpRemoteName member is not an existing network resource for any network.
ERROR_BAD_DEV_TYPE -The input dwType member does not match the type of resource specified by the lpRemoteName member.
ERROR_EXTENDED_ERROR - A network-specific error occurred. Call WNetGetLastError to obtain a description of the error.
ERROR_MORE_DATA - The buffer pointed to by the lpBuffer parameter is too small.
ERROR_NO_NETWORK - The network is unavailable.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1189688/quickly-detect-if-a-file-mount-is-unavailable-in-windows https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...etgetresourceinformationa?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Appears to be network related.

Last edited: