Question Overclocking my CPU to get better Fortnite frames?

Jun 10, 2020
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and a Radeon VII. I've been told this is a big mismatch because the GPU is so much better than the CPU. For RAM I'm rocking 2x8gb DDR4 running at 2800mhz (see https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-pcs-performance.3616489/page-2#post-21811196 for more information on that). Currently I can run about 144 fps consistently, yet I see benchmarks on youtube of people getting 300+ fps with the same CPU and worse GPUs..? What am I missing here? Would overclocking the CPU potentially provide better frames (I have better-than-stock in the cooling department so temp shouldn't be an issue)?

Additionally, would I need to reconfigure my RAM if I overclock? Thanks.

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
Overclocking the CPU won't really get you from 144 to 300 fps.. that thread seems to provide a lot of insight/help though. About the benchmarks on YouTube, are you sure they arn't running on low/medium settings at 1080p? It could be that you have high/epic settings which would result in lower frame rates, but higher quality game play.

Jun 10, 2020
Overclocking the CPU won't really get you from 144 to 300 fps.. that thread seems to provide a lot of insight/help though. About the benchmarks on YouTube, are you sure they arn't running on low/medium settings at 1080p? It could be that you have high/epic settings which would result in lower frame rates, but higher quality game play.

I'm running comp settings (all low except view distance on medium) and I play 1080p :/