Question Overclocking my Dell Laptop

Jul 1, 2022
Hello, my first post here.
Is it possible to overclock my Dell Latitude 3510 laptop?
CPU: Intel Core i3-10110u
GPU: Intel HD graphics for 10th gen Intel cores
I tried setfsb but I don't really know how to use it.
I also downloaded the MSI Afterburner. No options are editable.

Is it possible to overclock my Dell Latitude 3510 laptop?
Overclocking a laptop is really bad idea.
Basically you get nothing and increase risk of damaging your hardware.
Don't do that.

Laptops do not have any thermal headroom for overclocking.
Running it out of specs, significantly increase overheating and risk of damaging components.

There are some laptops specifically meant for overclocking though. Your laptop isn't one of those.

Reactions: Karadjgne

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
4.1GHz is single core only. As soon as you use a second or third core, that number drops off and you'll get a max of 3.5GHz.

Oc on Any laptop is a fools errand. Laptops generally run in the 90°+ range when pushed, like with heavy gaming, OC would only take that past 100°C, and you'd be thermal throttling or melting plastic.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
ThrottleStop works, and works well, but you really gotta ask yourself if you believe you are smarter than the engineers who built the laptop. Those guts get paid good money to design thermal solutions for a cpu that's originally 100w+ and now chopped to 25-45w, yet running the same voltages. The main bias in laptops is battery life, not line performance, that's secondary, so anything that can be done to increase not just performance, but especially battery life, has been thought of.

The extra 5fps that you may or may not see from any OC, tied in with excessive temps and/or overheated battery considerations, honestly isn't worth the aggravation.

Laptops work from battery, not line power. Line power just recharges the battery as you discharge it, so it's entirely possible that after heavy gaming you'll deplete the battery to the point where the gpu goes eco mode. It's also entirely possible to overheat the battery badly, to the point of decreased lifespan, decreased outputs, decreased working time or in some not so rare cases, physical detonation.